01/16 J.D. AMPS 410

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

J.D. was at 456 when I came home from work yesterday, so I think he must have gone pretty low while I was at work.
    I gave him some R to temporarily help him last night, but he is still in RBC this morning. Unfortunately, I have to shoot late (at +12.25) for the next 4 shots because of my late work shifts this weekend. Hopefully, he will save some good numbers for me to see on my days off on Monday and Tuesday.

J.D. was all anxious for me to wake up and get up, but again, when I put his food down, he's not eating right away. I think I will make a vet appointment for one of my days off.

Yesterday's Thread

2. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

AW come on J.D. Sending some good eats vines your way and hope he can give you some good numbers for you to see on your days off.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/16 J.D. +2 382, +3 330

52 points in less than an hour, not bad. Hoping RBC is clearing. He is currently chowing down on this 3rd breffis.

How often do you guys do full blood work ups? That's why I was planning a vet visit soon.
    I have been getting J.D. a "Total Health Plus" blood work up every 6 months. His last one was in August, before we went on vacation. I like to get a blood work up done before we go on vacation, every year. I am planning to hopefully leave in July this year, so one in January and one in July would be 6 months apart. His last blood work up results were really good, in August.

Off to tbp...

4. sanrun

sanrun Member

Good idea to have a check up and some bloodwork. Hopefully, everything is good and he is just bouncing from low numbers.

Take Care,

Sandy Dottie & Skippy

5. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Thanks for all the positive thoughts yesterday!

Glad J.D. dropped down from the icky reds! Hope he has some nice numbers for you tonight.

My kitties aren't on a regular schedule for bloodwork, but I think that's a really good idea. That way, hopefully, if anything's not quite right you can catch it early.

Hope tbp wasn't too bad!

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/16 J.D. PMPS 330, +2 335

I hope he wasn't flat all day, today...
    One thing interesting that I noticed was that he didn't pee all day today, until +2 this evening when I followed him downstairs to get a ketone test.
    Anyway, he seems totally happy, and greeted me at the door when I returned from work, and ate 2 dinners tonight, and we just got back from a walk in the darkness outside.

I couldn't get a vet appointment until January 30th. Oh well, he seems fine.

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Yes, I think a vet visit is a good idea, Dyana. Just to make sure all is well. Spot's wellness plan gives us one blood workup a year and I get that when he gets his dental (which is also included in his wellness plan).
    Even with his good numbers, tho, it sounds like Mr. JD is feeling pretty good. As far as pee...Spot goes probably once a day...a nice big pee too. Maybe Mr. JD needs to get more water somehow??

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/16 J.D. +3 327

Flat...

He gets extra water in at least one of his meals everyday. I could always add it to more of his meals. He didn't even pee that much when he went tonight.

Good Night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.