? 01/18/2022 MICIO: AMPS 180 / 101@ +3.25 / 115@ +12.25 / 117@ +9.25 / PMPS 125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Jan 18, 2022.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would take her up to 5.5 and see if you can get her to see some green. If you see green tonight then hold. Nice to see the flat blue though. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Elise, getting close with those low blues now. Just needs to go down a bit more.

4. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

I just saw Micio has bleeding gums, guess the tooth infection is back, he has an appointment for surgery schedule for Feb 10th and 'till then, if he has a recurring infection, they recommended Clavamox ( he didn't have a good reaction to Clenimicyn last time so they give him a shot of Convenia-no reaction there)....
    Do you guys happen to know what other antibiotic I should try to ask for? I'm reading that Clavamox gives diarrhea and vomit...

5. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Got a 190 bg reading, maybe that explain why numbers went up?

6. tiffmaxee

Infection definitely can raise the bg. Poor thing. Did you give a probiotic with the antibiotic before? It can help. I don’t know another antibiotic but hopefully someone else will.

7. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

AMPS 292...do I still increase dose even though BGs went high because of infection?

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, you can always reduce if the numbers come down when the infection is treated.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

I glad Bhooma saw this. I was asleep. If a cat has an infection and not enough insulin they can develop ketones. You don’t want that.

10. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

I did increased .25u so this morning I gave him 5.25u......Last night you suggested to increase to 5.5u, did you mean 5.25?

11. tiffmaxee

At his dose we usually increase by .50 but see how he does with .25. If another increase is needed it’s .50. Good luck with the increase.