01/20 Eddie AMPS 410 +3 248 +6 155 PMPS 328 +2 391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Too soon to increase, could just be new dose wonkiness.

No, they're not worrisome, they're temporary. Look at 80% of the cats on the board right now ha all high numbers, he'll come down eventually. Just look at Mr Kitty's spreadsheet from 2020 o_O he's fine. As for the other conditions, nothing you can do but wait for lab work.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's not NDW, this is cycle 6 of this dose and NDW happens earlier after an increase.

Diarrhea you know how to treat. Is he still on the S. boullardi? There is a maintenance dose as well as the stop diarrhea dose. He might be one of those that needs the maintenance dose. Not sure why you are thinking Cushings? Isn't his pituitary pretty much gone? As for high numbers, I never liked seeing them, but it does look like Eddie is finally moving down on this dose today. That's a pretty big drop to +3.

4. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Just curious, has anything changed recently — did you start the compounded prednisolone, for example?

Remind me, is the diarrhea a new finding or does Eddie have a history of it?

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

The diarrhea is relatively new. As a rule, he's pretty steady, if you know what I mean. It preceded his new Prednisolone regime that @JL and Chip JL was asking about.

He has started the new compounded prednisolone but only two days ago. I will put that info in the spread sheet. He's now taking 0.625mg BiD instead of 1.25 once daily (I realize pred can make them insulin resistant and with IAA thought perhaps it would be a good idea to spread the Pred, so to speak.

I was thinking Cushings because causes can be tumour in the adrenals or tumour in the pituitary. His pituitary is gone but I don't know if that matters if the tumour is acting up because of the SRT. I read that Cushing's disease may include increases in blood glucose and in liver related enzymes. I don't know about the enzymes (although I can ask they be checked in his upcoming checkup/blood panel) but I do know about the increase in BG. And, of course, he's been taking a steroid since the surgery....

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

We're @ +6 155!

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Finally!:cool:

Cushings due to adrenal tumours are way less common. Seen all of one in my time here. The combo of Cushing (due to pituitary) and acro also quite rare, have heard of one in literature and one here. I think the more reasonable answer for the high numbers is "because he's a cat".

I have also read one article where the researchers used pred to break through the IAA, treating it as an autoimmune disorder. That was only one article, but I wouldn't blame his dose of pred for the numbers. I also wouldn't suggest pred as a strategy unless I saw more than one example of it working. The particular cat in the article had a number of other things wrong too, not acro though, just high diabetic with high numbers.

8. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I was wondering about changes to the pred not just from a BG standooont, but also because of the possibility (even if remote) of the prior once a day dose “holding at bay” some GI issues. It’s such a small dose anyway that’s probably unlikely, but still a variable. Or the possibility that there was some ingredient in the compounded pred that didn’t agree with Eddie. Given the diarrhea pre-dated the pred change, that eliminates the likelihood.

9. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Finally eddie good job!!:cool:

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

We seem to be on a bit of a ride these days. Sheesh. I'd much rather see low numbers that I could deal with than the peaks and shallow valleys.

BTW, Little Man is doing so great!!! :):bighug:

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I wondered about that but realized, too, that the GI issue precedes the compound. I've put him back on the S. Boulardii, which is magic. Now if we could share that magic with insulin & BG numbers! :cat::)

12. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

He is getting there. I think given all the extra he is dealing with you're doing great!

Thankyou yes LM is doing well but he is keeping me on my toes and I worked today and I'm so tired LOL