01/22 BuddyM: OTJ trial day 8 | AMPS 181, +4 51

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mariette, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Mariette

Mariette Member

Previously:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-21-buddym-otj-trial-day-7-3-73-7-71.241853/

I finally got a fasting preshot test for Buddy this morning and it's a bit concerning: 181.

That's after about 8 hours of not eating. And he's also not super hungry this morning. The food's been out for an hour and he's only had a few bites. He seems to be well otherwise. Normal, largish pee first thing. And ran around outside. He is siiting next to the food plate right now as if he's waiting for another option. He hasn't had the Tiki pork in a while.

I'll test throught the day, but that number is not an acceptable one for OTJ trial right?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Let’s hope it’s a one off. Has he ever had pancreatitis? When Max first got it he be ame inappetent. It was gradual. Acting hungry but eating less we’re his first signs. He would lick the gravy off his food but not eat. Has this ever happened before?

3. tiffmaxee

4. Mariette

Mariette Member

He's eating now. I think it was a matter of not liking the Tiki pork. I gave him something else and that was acceptable. A month ago he was so hungry anything I put down would be vacuumed up. Now Mr. has the luxury of being picky.

He used to just lick the gravy but that was pre-insulin. When he was undiagnosed. He just went for the gravy and the dry food. Little carb addict.

He hasn't had pancreatitis to my knowledge. But I haven't even had him inside for a full year yet. Who knows what he had to deal with as a feral. I know he was very sickly on occasion, but I wasn't able to handle or trap him at the time.

I'll test in 3 hours and report back.

5. tiffmaxee

With bg normal he won’t be so hungry as he was when uncontrolled or dropping very low. I’m glad he’s eating.

Mariette likes this.
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I believe I read he doesn’t like to be tested but it you aren’t getting the AMGB every day, I can’t say this is a valid trial.

I would do as you intend and that’s to test three hours after he has eaten and see where he is as long as you know his BG before he ate.

7. Mariette

Mariette Member

His +4, which is 3 hours after eating is 51. Little weirdo.

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 8! :):):):):D:D:D:D

Mariette likes this.