01/28 Henry AMPS 112, back to drop dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angelaf44, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi everyone,

I need help. Could you have a look at Henry's spreadsheet and tell me if I should start insulin again (needle juice, a drop dose?)

He's trending upwards/more blue the past few days and I'm not sure why. Nothing has changed diet wise. He's so borderline with the blue numbers I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. I leave it to you experts.

Previous post

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ed-some-advice-on-dosing.241545/#post-2720540

Thank you in advance.

Henry & Angela

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Has Henry been to the vet lately? Just wondering if there are issues with his teeth or other inflammations that might be impacting his numbers, such as URI or his nasal issues. Any new meds?

If you don't think there's anything else going on. I would try the drop dose. It didn't look like he was completely ready to come off insulin. We like to see cats pretty solidly in the greens before going off of insulin.

3. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

@Wendy&Neko

He has a tumour in his sinuses. He has a URI 24/7. He was on Azithromycin for 7 days last week. As soon as he comes off antibiotics the URI comes back. I didn't realize that could impact numbers?

Should I still do the drop dose? He's got a Vet appointment on Tuesday, but my Vet already warned me they're not going to continually give him antibiotics because they're worried about resistance. Apparently the next step is maintenance antibiotics twice a week.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Inflammation or infection can raise the BG. Maybe hold off insulin a couple days and see if the blues trend continues.

5. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Okay, thank you. Only reason I asked today is because I'm off work on weekends and would be able to monitor the drop dose. I won't be able to start him on it (if required) again until next weekend as I'm working during the day.