02/01 Snuggles AMPS 185 +20mins 194 +20mins 221 +1.5 246 +2.5 275 +10 275 PMPS 254 +2.5 230

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sandysh66, Feb 1, 2023.

1. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

If you can monitor, you can shoot. Sometimes stalling without food causes the numbers to drop - making the shooting decision even more difficult.
    He seems to have a tendency to nadir at the end of the cycle - which is something you want to keep in mind when shooting lower preshots. That he might just head up from here.

Btw, yesterday's AMPS cell would be coloured blue as would today's.

3. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

I’m only able to monitor her until 10.. I have to leave for work at 10. +20 194…what should I do regarding feeding and shooting? @Bandit's Mom on my end yesterday’s and today’s AMPS are blue…this is very stressful when I have to go to work!
    Update +20 after 194 now 221…so I fed HC/LC and I did shoot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

10 would be how many hours after the shot? Do you have an autofeeder? Can someone feed even if they cannot test?

5. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Oops I updated above…+20 now 221..up from the 194. She will not eat from the auto feeder..and will not take food from my husband throughout the day. It takes two of us to test and give shot…very difficult kitty. I will recheck around 930 and give snack around 10..she will accept snacks from me. 10 is around 2 1/2 hours after shot..I went through this yesterday also. @Bandit's Mom

6. Bandit's Mom

I think you can shoot the full dose. Get a +1 and +2.
    You want to figure out some way to get her to eat after +2 in both cycles - when you're away at work and after you've gone to bed for the night.

sandysh66 likes this.
  7. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Bedtime is no problem..she takes two LC snacks between +2-+3 and between +7-+8. And in the morning she does get a snack +2 before I go to work. So..she isn’t taking her 2nd snack in the first cycle when I’m at work. I will work harder with the auto feeder. Is that what you mean? Get her to somehow eat her second snack in afternoon? She does eat second snack in first cycle if I’m home…but Monday through Thursday when I’m working is the problem. Do you know why she could be lower in the mornings when she does eat her two snacks in the night cycle? @Bandit's Mom. @Diane Tyler's Mom

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  8. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Sorry, +2.5 @Bandit's Mom @Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  9. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

When we first started using the auto feeder I would put Indi's meals in the feeder without setting it so he would start to associate it with meal time. It might help get Snuggles get used to the idea of using it when you are not around :)

Diane Tyler's Mom and sandysh66 like this.
  10. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Good idea! I’m going to work with her doing that. Thank you for the suggestion. @Carole & Indigo

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Bhooma can you explain to me why today's AMPS BG should be blue instead of yellow I always thought that the last BG you got after stalling would be colored for that number.
    If sandy shot when the BG was 221 wouldn't you color the cell yellow?
    Thanks Bhooma
    @Bandit's Mom

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Bandit's Mom