? 02-03 Panzer PMPS 75/106@+1.25/91@+2/68@+4/78@+5/76@+6/76@+7/PUKING

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-30-23-panzer-surgery-canceled-covid.273630

Not sure if this is a 911 but I'm certain if he drops under 40 with no food in his belly it might be! Panzer has puked 45mins after his insulin & meds. I did not see the pill pockets in his puke. He had 50mg doxycycline 1/4 pill of ondansetron 4mg & 8mg of cerenia. It looked like all food & chicken from treats. He is laying down now. What should I do?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

If it is 45 minutes since he had the medications, hopefully they will have got into his system.
    I would not repeat the meds if that length of time has elapsed.
    I think at this point I would monitor the BG closely and get a +1 and a +2 to start with.
    You might like to try a small amount of food about an hour after the vomit.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Chrispooky12

Okay thank you Bron it's been a little over an hour since his insulin so I will test him now.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. Chrispooky12

106@+1.25 ate chicken treat, I will try giving him a tsp or 2 of food right after I get a +2 test.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Sounds good

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Chrispooky12

He's @91@+2 just ate 2tsp LC & he's bathing now:) hopefully he keeps it down. Should I give him his slippery elm with bark in baby @+4 like I normally do?

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would. It might help his tummy settle

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  8. Chrispooky12

Ok will do I'm going to rest until +4 I just took my tempature & I'm at 101.2, then I will test & give him the slippery elm.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I'm sorry you are still feeling bad from covid

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

I have a feeling it's going to be a long night 68@+4 he ate his slippery elm bark with baby food. He was reluctant to which is not normal for him so I added a little bit of fortiflora to it.

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Has he been able to eat much food for you?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  12. Chrispooky12

I only gave him the 2 tsps so far & the baby food just now. He eats his bedtime meal which is half of a can @+6 so 1hr & 30mins.

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sorry you both ate not well. I hope Panzer keeps his food down so you can get some sleep. :bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  14. Chrispooky12

Thank you I hope so too. I may be doing some broken sleep tonight depending on his #s but it's sleep :bighug:

15. Chrispooky12

Panzer is eating his PMPS meal now, I will give it an hour or so to make sure he keeps it down & test again as well. Panzer seems to have a nadir that's all over the place. If I could test him every hour for 24hrs every day I would :smuggrin: he ate all of his food & him & Spook are now playing :cat:

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

He has lovely flat cycles!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  17. Chrispooky12

I was actually going to make a post tonight about something totally different because I've seen this happen with other kitty's on here. As you can see he's been on this dose for quite some time. We went through a rough patch & had some yellows & pinks but I believe that was due to the high leukocytes.
    My question is when would he get a reduction based on his #s being so good? Does he have to be in all greens for so many cycles? Or can there be some blues in there as well?

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

He has to earn a reduction by dropping under 40 as he is a long term diabetic or if he is in all green numbers for a week

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  19. Chrispooky12

Okay good to know. Also if he drops below 50 3xs 3 different days he gets a reduction correct? So far that's the only way he's gotten a reduction in the past.

20. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

This was my understanding as well

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  21. Chrispooky12

What a beautiful cycle tonight :D

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  22. Chrispooky12

Possible Fur shot...I have my smell back somewhat:banghead:

23. Suzanne & Darcy

Hope it wasn’t much of a fur shot. It’s good that your sense of smell is coming back. Do you feel a lot better?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  24. Chrispooky12

His numbers are pretty good so I think he got most of it. Yes I'm feeling alot better. I still have a lingering couch so I'm taking my couch cold medicine still. Spook is refusing to eat @+7 AMPS we are on our 2nd kind of food. I guess I need to bring him up to half pill of ondansetron a day instead of 1/4 pill. They both had mirataz on there ears yesterday. I don't know what his problem is!

25. Suzanne & Darcy

Maybe he’s just not hungry yet? How many snacks does Spook get during the day? I guess I am just hoping that he was full from a previous snack?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  26. Chrispooky12

The last time he ate before +7 was @+3. I split half of a can of fancy feast between the two of them before I leave for work to give Panzer a food boost hoping he doesn't drop to low while I'm working. The rest of the day they eat a full can of fancy feast between the two of them @ AMPS, a full can @+7 AMPS, a full can between the two of them at PMPS & another full can @+6 PMPS then repeat. So they eat 4 & 1/2 cans a day between the 2 of them. He finally ate a half can 3oz (so 1.5 oz) of weruva @+7 AMPS. I had to chase him around the house with it LOL but he ate it. So far he ate all of his food @PMPS & I gave him a half pill of ondansetron as well. I need to get his teeth checked but I just don't have the money right now:arghh:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  27. Suzanne & Darcy

You are amazing! You take such good care of those boys!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  28. Chrispooky12

Thank you I just wish I had money to figure out what's going on with both of them so they could get the proper treatment that they need. Sometimes I wonder if Spook might have a UTI, sometimes especially before AMPS he's in there meowing before peeing, while I'm testing Panzer.

29. Suzanne & Darcy

Has he always been meowey in the morning in the litter box? Or is that a new behavior? I guess I would say to keep an eye on that behavior and — as long as his urine clumps are normal size — he’s probably okay (since you can’t take him to the vet, I mean.)

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  30. Chrispooky12

He has been for a couple of weeks now. He was refusing to eat again @+7 AMPS feeding. Panzer was as well, it was a different flavor today. Panzer ate his with fortiflora on it but Spook wouldn't touch it. He ended up eating some weruva again, not all of it but most of it.

31. Chrispooky12

I almost stalled this morning 63@ AMPS :eek: I figured he wouldn't come up much though being that he was @68@+7 PMPS last night.I have a big house to clean today but I will be home to test @+6 +7 to test, after testing @+3 before I leave. I'm most likely going to give him MC @+3 snack.

32. Suzanne & Darcy

It sounds like you have a good plan for the day. Great green AMPS for Panzer. That should keep him in flat greens for today, I hope. His spreadsheet is looking awfully good these days.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  33. Chrispooky12

My house rescheduled for the 23rd, she's my only monthly house & she never cancels. So looks like I'm staying home with mr Panzer. Hopefully he will drop under 50 & get one step closer to a reduction or even better if he drops under 40. I will be testing to see fingers & paws crossed:) yes he has had beautiful cycles & he's been on this dose for quite awhile.

34. Suzanne & Darcy

That’s what I was thinking too. He’s been on this dose for a while. I was looking hopefully for a sign that he could get a reduction. So close. But we don’t want to mess up his progress so either way, he’s doing great. He sure treating the UTI has been a massive help with that.

Chrispooky12 likes this.