02/12 Mowgli AMPS 506 + 2 581 +4 494

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Conversation

I wonder if this high of a morning preshot is because Mowgli went down a bit last night (bounce)? His PM +3 last night was 378 so we did not get any more tests after that...

We're strongly considering getting a Freestyle Libre. However, I need to find a vet who would be on board with that. The vet who diagnosed Mowgli says she has never worked with it and she is uncomfortable allowing me to apply it myself...

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Jaime,

I'm sure you'd be able to find a vet in SoCal to implant the Libre. I found it really convenient, especially at the beginning when I didn't get the hang of poking Ruby yet, and it was great to see overnight data when I was sleeping. Sadly it made Ruby fairly miserable--she scratched at it a lot and barely moved off our bed when she had it on, so I haven't done it again. You should have someone experienced to implant it, ideally on Mowgli's neck, covered by a Kitty Collar, or somewhere on his back with a shirt covering it.

Wondering though why you need it. It looks like you're doing a good job at collecting data. Hope Mowgli floats down for you today. :bighug:

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks for the @PerfumedCatMom !

The issue is that Mowgli lives with my mom and sister (I help organize everyone), so they do 95% of testing. However, my mom is stressed enough by taking care of the pets during the day while still doing her job, so I feel bad asking her to set alarms to test in the middle of the night too. Plus she has mentioned to me that once she is asleep she has a very hard time waking up until the morning. My sister works most days but helps when she gets home (usually afternoons). Often she works at 6 am so she naturally wants to be asleep by 11pm, which corresponds with PM +3. Needless to say, I feel bad asking her to set alarms as well.

So I feel like my options are to either ask my sister to get a test at PM +4 to +6 but to do so only when it looks like we will have an active cycle, or to drive there myself in the middle of the night to perform tests. As it is now, I am making a habit of sleeping over once on the weekends to perform tests myself, but that will become more and more difficult considering I have a pregnant wife I should also be tending to.

As you might imagine, there will be times when a potentially active cycle lands on a night where I am not available to stay over night or when my sister works early in the morning. For these reasons, we would at least like to give the Freestyle Libre a try. Hopefully Mowgli tolerates it well and we are able to provide better treatment because of the extra data.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member