02/21 Jax PMPS 208,+2 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaxBenji, Feb 21, 2021.

1. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Jax dipped his toes briefly in the lagoon. Working on the pain med dance as I think he needs some (though he did not get the grimace scale memo :joyful: so it makes it hard to tell).

Surf safely, kitties :cat:

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jax slides down safely today. Have a great day Susanne :bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Slide on down, Jax, and feel better little buddy. Susanne, what pain meds are you using? :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne, hope he’s not in a lot of pain. Hope he’s eating well and surfing safely, still may be unsteady on those paws. Hope you all have a good day and of course Dolly sends hugs to her crush Benji (and they haven’t even met) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Jax to recover quickly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. JaxBenji

Thanks, Margaret :bighug: He has gaba right now.

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  8. JaxBenji

I know Jax is only three days from his dental (2 extractions) but should I be increasing his insulin in the AM? He's clearly running high. Eating and peeing and pooping okay. Not much in the way of playing just yet. Tonight is cycle 6 since his dental day. Appreciate any insight, perhaps @tiffmaxee or @Wendy&Neko or @Marje and Gracie ?

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, follow what the numbers tell you to do. I found that after Neko's dental, the inflammation caused her numbers to go up. So I increased until the inflammation went down and her numbers told me to reduce. You want to avoid his body getting used to higher numbers, ie. glucose toxicity.

JaxBenji likes this.
  10. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

good luck w the new dose.
    keep healing, jax :bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  11. JaxBenji

Okay thank you :bighug: Will increase in the AM. I guess I didn't know what to expect with BG #s and the extractions but that makes sense them rising with the inflammation.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's not a long term thing, I found about 10 days later the numbers came down. Do you have a follow up scheduled with the vet to check his mouth? For my kitty dentals, there is usually a one week followup to make sure things are healing well. (Sorry Jax).

JaxBenji likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It took Max a week or two to recover from his extraction. I would take the increase. I forgot to hit send soWendy beat me to it.

Wendy&Neko and JaxBenji like this.
  14. JaxBenji

Ah, so patience lol :p No we don't have a follow-up scheduled - I'll call tomorrow and ask them about it. Thanks for the insight...I've had my cats 15 years but never gone through a dental extraction

15. JaxBenji

Thank you :bighug: I have had to remind myself all day that he just had his mouth cut open. Will increase in the AM.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I would agree with Wendy. One of the things to be aware of is that sometimes the anesthesia drops the BG down so that it makes it a bit of a challenge to shoot the PM dose. Play it by ear but as long as he’s not got any ketones, if you need to skip that night, don’t worry about it. You can post for help, too, on deciding whether to skip or not but, depending on the anesthesia used, the BG can drop later on after the procedure.

JaxBenji likes this.
  17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:♥ I hope Jax starts to feel better soon, poor baby ♥

JaxBenji likes this.
  18. JaxBenji

Thanks Marje - he had his surgery on Thursday (02/18) and you and others helped me skip that PM. Jax was over-drugged and not eating awesomely when he got back home. Now it's been 6 cycles back on the juice so I'll increase in the AM in hopes to bring his numbers back down a bit.

19. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Good luck with trying to bring Jax back down again, Susanne. Here are some patience leggings (because it's a pandemic and no one is wearing pants anymore):

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.58.13 PM.png

JaxBenji and Marje and Gracie like this.
  20. Marje and Gracie

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Ok you can really laugh because I kept thinking, “wasn’t that Jax that we just talked about this?” but when I read your first post, I read it that it was three days out until his dental not since. Sorry.....I’ve been working diligently on taxes and decided I better take a peak in to see what was going on on the board. At least I’m glad to know that I was right the first time....it was Jax. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

JaxBenji likes this.
  21. JaxBenji

lol, I can see the confusion :bighug: Thanks for checking-in though - hubby was just saying we need to get our tax stuff together - you're on top of it!

22. JaxBenji

Thank you for yet another pair! I wear through mine quite fast :rolleyes: And I'm thinking of starting a bathrobe line (because that's where I am in the pandemic lol) but it doesn't have quite the same ring to it...patience robe? We'll keep working on the branding :p

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  23. Marje and Gracie

It’s always so excruciating....taxes. But, you are right....I’ve started it so hopefully will get it done in the next couple weeks and then can relax. The good thing is the tax return for the trust I inherited from my parents is so ridiculously complicated that I have to have a CPA do it. Our regular return is not complicated, it’s just time-consuming and the weather is gorgeous here. I want to play!!! :woot:

JaxBenji likes this.
  24. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

How about patience pajamas if the patience bathrobe line doesn't pan out? It kinda has a nice ring to it.
    I'm glad you're increase. ECID and all that, but gosh I wish I'd started taking increases sooner when Butters came home from the hospital.
    :bighug: I hope Jax starts feeling better soon.

JaxBenji likes this.