02/24 Butters PMPS 85/+2 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Today, Butters decided I needed drama in my life. She pulled her "early morning dive" stunt followed by a drop <50 this afternoon.

So maybe it is time to try a reduction. I managed to hold the 1.25u dose for 17 cycles, but still had the occasional number >100. So, I'm wondering thoughts on going back to doing shaved reductions like I used to do. Would you mind having a look at Butters's SS and sharing your thoughts with me about doing this? Good idea? Why or why not?

I'm not sure who will be around: @tiffmaxee @Marje and Gracie @Wendy&Neko Thank you!:bighug:

My thinking is, if the goal is to heal the pancreas by staying in greens as much as possible, I'd think shaving would be the way to go for Butters. She does have a history of not holding reductions well on a lower dose.

Have a good day, everyone.

Abdullah and JOJI and Kit like this.
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Looking at her numbers you could have tried a reduction at 14 cycles.
    I would try a reduction to 1u.
    If you find she trends up then try a fat 1u.

I know how you feel though I wanted to see 14 cycles with not a single blue before taking a reduction. Have a look at 2016 march april time Lyla is looking like she's following a similar path to reductions.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I was wondering when you were going to reduce :smuggrin: Happy Butters took charge :bighug:

Also, I do know tagging doesn't alway work if you have a list with nothing in between. Perhaps re-tag with another comment and put everyone on a separate line or put words in between <username> or <username> etc. Also, I don't think editing a post and then tagging works. All of this is just my personal experience soooo take it for what it is :p

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Gill. If you find she's starting to fail reductions, then I'd try shaving the dose. But so far she's been holding them. Good luck with this one. :D

Butters & Lyla and Gill & George like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m going to chime in as well and say take the full reduction. An occasional blue under 120 is no reason not to in my opinion plus she fell under 50. Good luck with the reduction. I don’t anticipate it not holding at all. As usual though I need to add anti-jinx.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Butters & Lyla and Gill & George like this.
  6. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Butters spreadsheet looks awesome :D. Good luck with whatever you decide to do for reductions. I'm so glad she's doing so much better :bighug:. Have a great night, Lyla :)

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Butters is looking good. Good luck if you reduce the dose.

8. Butters & Lyla

I reduced to 1u. Thank you so much for coming by to comment.

Also, yes this! I want to start the cycle count over when I get a blue. Also, there were cycles when she didn't spend much time between 50-80. I thought I needed her to be mostly between 50-80 and <100 overall, which is why I held.
    I hadn't looked at George's spreadsheet. Thank you for pointing that out and I can see similarities for sure. I'm curious...why did you hold the .1u dose for a month before starting an OTJ trial?

thebigfuzz likes this.
  9. Butters & Lyla

Lol! I did not like that 113 a few days ago so I decided to hold:p. Butters had other plans, apparently.
    Thanks for teaching me how to tag properly:bighug:. I had no idea about any of this.

JaxBenji likes this.
  10. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I mean of course she did :p

Well, what do I know, lol. Based on the responses, it looks like your tags worked :joyful:

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I didn’t get back in time to get in my “vote” but I agree with Gill Nutter Butter earned a reduction after fourteen cycles. For that reason, I’m glad you took the 1u reduction.

Good luck!!! I hope she keeps chugging away.

12. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

good luck w the reduction. :bighug:

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Evening Lyla, good luck with the reduction, Butters is looking amazing. I hope
    you both have a good night ♥:bighug::bighug:

15. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Hope all is well Lyla :bighug: I saw you had an emergency outing in your comments when I stalked your SS. :bighug:

Numbers look good! :D

16. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Good luck on the new dose! Butters is looking amazing and I know she’ll keep this up :)