02/26 Casper AMPS 619, +2 464, +4 341, +7 362; PMPS 279, +1 312, +2 295

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yuling & Casper (GA), Feb 26, 2021.

1. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Yuling & Casper (GA) Member

Happy Friday!!!!!
    I had some issues updating the title and leaving the new reply to the previous thread, keep reporting "server error". His BG was quite high last night, 622 for PMPS and was at 454 at +3.
    This morning AMPS is at 619, I am thinking about going up to 0.5U. Afraid the high bg will put too much stress on his kidneys.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The server was not behaving. I gave up last night. I couldn’t get on or post. I think the increase was needed too. Now we need to try and test/feed enough to avoid a drop under 68.

3. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Thought I was the only one had that issue last night I am giving him some puree snacks in between to help the sudden drop. So far so good, going to test him again in 20 mins

4. tiffmaxee

I see the next test. I’d feed as you are and test in 2 hours.

5. Yuling & Casper (GA)

+4 at 341, reduced to half from the AMPS number gradually. Gave him a small puree snack, will test again at 3, +6.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Took a nap and woke up late, tested him at +7, 362, still in the pink.

7. tiffmaxee

He will break it tonight I bet. Hope not for your sake.

8. Yuling & Casper (GA)

I believe so, you are always spot on his trend.

9. Yuling & Casper (GA)

PMPS 279. Finally gets into the yellow range. Will need to test him few more times and make sure he doesn't go way too low.

10. tiffmaxee

Exactly. I’d get a +1 and +2 to start. If the +1 is same or lower he needs mc carbs. Same with the +2 because the insulin kicks in then.

11. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Not sure if he is ready to eat at +1 or +2, may need to syringe feed.

12. tiffmaxee

If he’s dropping get some food into him. Just a teaspoon or two so syringe if necessary. If dropping they usually get hungry. He doesn’t?

13. Yuling & Casper (GA)

+1 at 312, +2 at 295. He had some chicken at 9:30. Will see where is he at in another 2-3 hours.

14. tiffmaxee

I hope Casper is ok. No update at all on ss or here. M having a bad reacytotge Covid vaccine second dose so won’t be on tonight.

15. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Hi Elise, Casper is okay, I have issues to get the ss updated in the edit mode, I've recorded the data in a copy.
    I just have really bad morning sickness this week, I spent most of the time in bed resting this weekend. But Casper is doing okay, BG is high, with 0.5 u dose, he tends to go down in the 100s around +9, then comes back up at the end of the cycle.

16. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I’m so glad Casper is doing okay but so sorry that you are unwell. I hope you feel better soon, Yuling!