? 03/01 Hercules AMPS 211, +2 290, +4 308 +6 337 Change dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hercule's mum, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

Hercules still does not understand that he should lower his BG after an insulin shot, instead of increase...:facepalm:

I'm not really sure what is going on on hercules land.... his AMPS has gone down for every day in his new dose (0.5 U), and given the number I am seeing so far, I assume he is due to an increase tomorrow?

Must admit I am a bit unsure about what would happen to his AMPS once I increase.... there must be something going on in the night cycle that I am missing?

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Karen - here's your last post for continuity https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2710112/

If you want someone to give input on your SS, I'd edit your title to say 03/01 Hercules AMPS 211, +2 290, +4 308 - Input on SS? When you are editing your title, you can also pick the ? from the drop-down on the left (and then remove it when your question is answered).

Are you following TR? I was reading through your old posts and looks like you were on SLGS when you took the reduction for going <90 on 12/27. I see in your SS though that it says TR. Whichever one it is, can you add it to your signature?

FWIW, I think Hercules looks pretty flat. And some kitties do dip at AMPS/PMPS. Mine has (and did today, phew that woke me up!) but it's always good to remember we aren't shooting our AMPS/PMPS...we are shooting the number a few hours from now. There's a good post here about dropping preshots (and may be more relevant when Hercules is running lower but it's great information nonetheless).

Hope that helps a little bit - I'm sure others will be by :bighug:

Hercule's mum likes this.
  3. Hercule's mum

done! thanks!

I see what you say about just dipping at PS, but it is the fact that since I increased his dose to 0.5 his AMPS is lower each day, if you see what I mean. I thought this might reflect his depot catching up to the new dose?

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He does look like he needs more insulin. I would set alarm and try and get a test later in the PM cycle when his +2 is lower than PMPS.
    You should take the increase to 0.75U tomorrow AM.

Did you shoot this AM? The Units column in the SS looks blank to me.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  5. Hercule's mum

I did. Rectified on the SS :)

I am worried he has gone much lower at night, and I am seeing a bounce yet again? I'll make sure to wake up in the middle of the night just to be sure. But assuming that is not the case I'll move his dose up tomorrow

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.