03/04 Casper AMPS 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yuling & Casper (GA), Mar 4, 2021.

1. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Yuling & Casper (GA) Member

Good morning! Casper's AMPS bg is 477, the previous post is here
    I was super busy yesterday and I just realized I didn't do a post until later in the afternoon. I officially ran out of ap2 strips yesterday after +6 test, had to use the human one for the time being. There is nowhere I can find freestyle monitor and strips within 20 mins of radius, luckily, Amazon pushed to make the deliveries happening on Friday...tomorrow. The freestyle strips look identical to ap2 and I also read some posts, that people are using the freestyle strips on the pet meter.
    We are not sure if the baked shrimp raised Casper's BG so high, every time we gave him that for dinner, his BG shots way high. Going to try some boil cooking way and see that will feed the craving but also keep his numbers in a reasonable range.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Please don’t mix and match strips and meters. Only use the strips that match the meter as you will continue to get wonky numbers. I dint think shrimp is the cause if the high bg. It might be lack of duration.

3. Yuling & Casper (GA)

I won't. I have 4 boxes of ap2 strips coming and 4 more are scheduled to be delivered in 3 weeks...providing Amazon does not drop the ball again.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I used to buy human meter strips on eBay and often by auction. Got some great deals.

5. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

My Freestyle and strips arrived yesterday, works just as easily as the AT. The meter was about $25, I wouldn't use the Freestyle strips with the AT. I got strips through Amazon, Walmart and Ebay priced between $20-30 a box.

One thing with the Freestyle Lite - there are 2 versions and both use the same strips. The Lite which is quite a bit smaller than the AT and has a button that controls a backlight, and the Freedom Lite which is bigger - I'm guessing similar size to the AT - and no light. I wanted the Freedom Lite but Amazon description was wrong, so I got the small one. The screen is smaller and a bit harder to read than all the other meters I've tried but I can live with it. Once I ditch the AT completely I probably won't even notice. Order the Freestyle!! :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Yuling & Casper (GA)

My mom almost rips my head off for using the human meter, just because of how much blood it requires to do a reading. :blackeye:
    So, there is freestyle lite and freestyle freedom lite, I think they both use the same strips, correct?

7. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Yep, same strip.

They do look exactly the same as the AT strips but I wouldn't use them in the AT. The Freestyle Lite doesn't need a code but the container had a code number, so just as an experiment I thought I'd take an AT reading with a Freestyle strip and compare against the Freestyle reading. The Freestyle code (16) wasn't an option on the AT, it skips from 15 to 17! I abandoned the experiment.