03/07 Mowgli PMPS 384, +1 443, +2 372, +3 380, +4 300, +6 318

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last thread

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday because well, tomorrow is Monday... Boooo!

On to business. Seems like we have a typical cycle of preshot in the 400s and nadir in the 300s.

I suspect that the L insulin dose we are at would be able to keep Mowgli's BG in good numbers if the preshot value was lower. The problem is getting it lower to begin with without causing big bounces. Once we figure out a good R dose that drops BG by no more than 100, would it be advisable at some point to give a mid cycle R dose to continue the drop as the L effect is wearing off? Otherwise I imagine it might take a much larger L dose to have the same effect. As has been concluded, it can't be good to have Mowgli continue in these very high numbers for much longer. It's been two months since diagnosis and who knows how long before that.

@Wendy&Neko
    @Lisa & Oberon

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Eventually, and you don't have enough data yet, you could add mid cycle R to the picture. I'd like to get a better idea of a good dose a preshot first, then work on mid cycle data.

Option 2, if he gives you nothing lower than 300 at this dose, we could consider fast tracking the Lantus a couple cycles, which means increasing every 4 cycles. However, and this is the big gotcha, you absolutely must test at least twice per cycle if doing that. Let's finish off the R experiment today first though. And one other thing, if you should get to total dose of 10 units, increases are by 1 unit at a time.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

How much R should we try tonight? 0.5u?
    *scratch that! We're trying 0.5u if BG is over 400 and 0.25 u if between 300-399.

Regarding more testing if adding R or fast-tracking L increases: we are more than willing to test more if needed. Most of the nights with only one test had a +3 either the same as preshot or still in the high 300s, so at the time it seemed like there wasn't much room for such a large drop past that point. Plus having the preshot number remain largely unchanged for these 2 months has felt like good supporting evidence for my assumption. Please do correct me if I am wrong about these assumptions!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Reason for edit: Correction
  4. Wendy&Neko

I suggested an R scale last night, based on the PMPS number.

My comment on testing at night was the couple nights when there was only the PMPS, and no other. Typically a +3 will give you a good idea if you need to test any more or will see any more action.

5. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Yes, that slipped my mind for some reason. Thanks for the reminder.

You're right, that was somewhere in the first week if I'm not mistaken. We were still trying to get Mowgli to comply with us back then. That's not much of a problem anymore.

6. Wendy&Neko

No data the night of the 3/5 either. If you can't get the data, we just hold the dose a bit longer.

7. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Understood. I'm fairly sure we tested that night. Unfortunately someone must've forgotten to record it.

8. Wendy&Neko

Tests are usually saved for two weeks in the meter, so you can recover it/

Jaime & Mowgli likes this.