? 03/16 Chippy, AMPS 129; +6=153; BG going up mid-cycle?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chippy & Ingrid, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Chippy & Ingrid

Chippy & Ingrid Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2758170/

Hi Everyone,

The past few days Chippy's BG has been increasing, rather than decreasing mid-cycle. Yesterday I thought it might be related to food. He had been low in the morning, so I gave him a bit higher-carb food mixed in with his DM (still relatively low-carb overall.) However, this morning I stuck with all low-carb and the same thing is happening. I also woke up in the middle of the night last night, so decided to test him then, and it was the same story. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Ingrid

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I suspect he might be bouncing. Going lower at night and bouncing during the day. He did see green last night. At least they are short bounces! With SLGS, you should be lowering the dose if he goes under 90, which he also did last night.

3. Chippy & Ingrid

Chippy & Ingrid Member

Thank you, Wendy! I wondered if it could be some kind of minor bounce. I didn't see his numbers go particularly low on Sunday night, so wasn't sure what was going on yesterday. However, since I'm not generally testing him at 1:00 a.m. who knows how low he went? I know we technically should have reduced his dose this morning, but when I saw the higher number in the middle of the night last night, I got worried that reducing now might be counter-productive. Husband and I have both been reading more about TR and the Roomp study and are trying to be a little bit less timid in our handling of low numbers (although not quite ready yet to fully commit to TR.)