? 03/21 Auto feeder recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chippy & Ingrid, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Chippy & Ingrid

Chippy & Ingrid Member

Happy spring everyone!
    I wanted to reach out to the community and see if I can get some recommendations for automatic feeders. Our 2 cats have completely opposite food requirements (Chippy's frienemy, Bear is on a prescription diet for bladder crystals) so we will need to get sensor activated feeders to prevent cross-grazing.

I've been looking at the SureFeed Microchip feeder on Amazon. Overall, it gets pretty good reviews, but there are a few things that concern me.
    1- It seems that all the components you need to make it truly work are sold separately (feeder, rear cover, hub).
    2- At least one reviewer says it doesn't work well for taller cats because the sensor doesn't read the microchip unless the cat essentially bends down. Both our cats are very large boys, so this is particularly concerning.

Several people on this forum have suggested automatic feeders, so am hoping to get some real life feedback about what does/ does not work, and what brands are recommended.

Thanks!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

3. Chippy & Ingrid

Chippy & Ingrid Member

Thank you, Paula! From what I read in the Amazon reviews, I was under the impression that a determined cat could somehow access the food by going around the back of the feeder, and that the rear cover prevents that. It sounds like that hasn't been an issue for you, which is good to know.