04/05/24 Gravy AMPS 336, +2 308, +5 289, +9 309,, PMPS 301, +2 255

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gravy and Vicki, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Gravy and Vicki

Gravy and Vicki Member

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase Vicki ,have a nice day :cat:

Gravy and Vicki likes this.
  3. Gravy and Vicki

Gravy and Vicki Member

A very slow drop today, and I was ready for excitement after a dose increase. Maybe she's resting up for an exciting Friday night out.:cool:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase, Vicki. Come on Gravy, gently slide down. No radical moves, please.
    Have a nice weekend :bighug::cat::bighug:

5. Gravy and Vicki

Gravy and Vicki Member

I don't know why her numbers are so high after increasing. I'm wondering if we need a new vial of Lantus. I'll ask vet when she's in on Monday.

6. Staci & Ivy

Hi Vicki, many times after an increase they will actually go up before they settle into their dose, so don’t lose hope.
    Sometimes it takes a day or two and you may see an increase in BG. They call it new NDW, new dose wonkiness. ;)
    This is where they say you have to learn patience. Easy to say but hard to do for the caregiver. We all tell each other that over and over again so we don’t forget. It’s a hard lesson to learn, but we have no choice.:rolleyes:
    Hang in there you’re doing great. Hope you have a safe surf and a great night.:bighug::cat::bighug:

7. Staci & Ivy

Also, how old is your Lantus? Normally, you can use it until the very last drop if you’ve kept it refrigerated properly. Don’t let them tell you it’s only good for 28 days or whatever the package says, that’s not true.

8. Gravy and Vicki

Gravy and Vicki Member

I got it in January and it has been refrigerated. When I looked at it good today it's clear.
    I'm just surprised her numbers are so high.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  9. Staci & Ivy

Probable NDW Try to not sweat it. :)