? 04/16 Mowgli AMPS 198, +2 221, +6 244, + 7.5 285, Do I introduce R?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Yesterday

@Wendy&Neko

We started Mowgli on Levemir this morning and he's slowly going up. I'm assuming that is to be expected since not only are we starting on a smaller dose but the Levemir depot is just starting to be filled.

My question is about when to begin adding R if we keep seeing increasing BGs. At our last dose of Lantus we found that 0.25u of R was adequate. Along the same line of questioning, I'm curious how long we have to maintain this dose of Levemir before we can increase.

Thanks!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would hold the Lev dose at least 4 cycles before deciding if a increase is needing. The Lantus depot is depleting and the Lev depot building, so it's hard to say which is controlling the cycles just yet. I think you could try 0.25 units R, but I'd wait until tomorrow. Sometimes that "cats see action when switching" happens on the second cycle.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

That sounds like a plan. Will maintain 10u for at least 4 cycles and hold off on giving R at least until tomorrow morning.