04/29/2020 Mowgli AMPS 101 +3 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Apr 29, 2020.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

04/07/2020

Hello!!

Just wanted to give a quick update on Mowg, he’s been doing really well! His numbers mostly stay in blues and greens and I have to say that the silver lining of the COVID 19 cloud is that I can keep a good eye on him and adjust his doses with more confidence.

we have been letting Mowgli out on a tie out and harness and I can see an improvement in his overall happiness. I have been trying to get Nyx used to a harness but she FLIPS when I try to get it on or off. For her mental health and mine, I am dropping it for now.

As Sonia had mentioned in her post yesterday our town has been severely flooded, add that to the pandemic, and the shooting in Nova Scotia, it’s been a lot. But we’re safe from the flood, we’re healthy, and the cats are doing well. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

Here’s a pic of Mowgli and Nyx checking out some Ravens in our front yard:

33F5DBB2-2CA1-471E-8D46-AD1B0745983B.jpeg

2. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe one day Disco will have a spreadsheet that looks all blues and greens like Mowgli! They give me hope! You sure have been going through a lot with the floods but sounds like you plan ahead and are doing well. Keeping you in my thoughts!

AmandaE and Sonia & Leo like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are all well and safe. Love the picture.

4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Great to hear you're all doing so well! :D
    upload_2020-4-29_15-40-38.jpeg

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I was so glad to hear that you're all safe and haven't had to evacuate, but also glad that you're ready if need be. Hopefully the ice will melt some with the nice weather but not cause flooding your area.

Mowgli and Nyx are as cute as ever and happy they're getting to visit the "great outdoors"!! Mowgli's ss looks fantastic!! I guess he loves having you home!!

We'll be thinking of you guys, keep in touch and let us know how things are going. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

7. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Be safe and well :bighug:! Mowgs looks great!

Our noodle George was like Nyx about the outdoors! He inadvertently became less anxious via Cat TV on YouTube (had birds, squirrels etc) that we played for T when he was ill last Fall. When we got the harness (Velcro one from CrazyK Farms) the sounds didn’t startle him at all. The harness training took place by giving him a ton of attention and treats inside without taking him outside. So, harness first for awhile. Then we added the leash. Then we trained him that he only went outside with the harness and leash. Slow and steady was the key.

indoors at first

outdoors early days

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  8. AmandaE

If you take a look back it’s only been a few months since Mowgli hit his stride in the blue/green train. It took about a full year for me to get him well regulated, I’m sure that Disco will hit his stride when he’s ready too :)
    Thanks Carla! We’re really counting our blessings, we’ve been very grateful for what we have during this whole ordeal :)
    Thanks Sonia! The ice block broke today and the water level dropped about 6 feet overnight. It’s too early to say if it’s over or not but things are definitely looking up :)

Mowgli has been doing awesome. I hope he can stay on this really nice streak for ever :D

thanks for thinking of us :bighug: I will definitely keep you updated.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. AmandaE

Thanks for the tips Amy! I’ll have to wait a little bit and try again. Our yard is fenced in so we will probably just bring Nyx out while we are out too and can watch her.

Hope you are also doing well and staying safe :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. AmandaE

Thanks Joy!

11. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

So very glad to hear that you are well and safe. A lot is going around by you, prayers being sent that all stays well with you and your family.
    Mowgli is looking good, your hard work is showing.
    Please take care:bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I second the Kitty Holster. I used it when I took Neko on an airplane and she was pretty calm throughout the process. It was so easy to get on or off.

Good to hear from you Amanda, and especially good to hear the water is coming down!

Scritches to Mowgli for being such a good boy.

AmandaE likes this.