05/10 Bubba AMPS 108; +5 85; +11 61; PMPS 68; +2.5 70; +4.25 61; +6 58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bubbasmom (GA), May 10, 2023.

1. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Yesterday

Bubba still has zero interest in food this morning. Cerenia is doing squat :arghh: Luckily Bubba hydrates well/on his own/independently.
    I syringe fed him his supplements first (restoralax, joint powder and methylcobalamin) mixed with beef bone broth. Then tried to see if he would eat and NADA :banghead::blackeye::(:nailbiting: not even with fish juice.
    When will the constant issues end? If at all. I get it, my boy is senior - he has his sweet 16 in August, but jfc …. His sugars are finally looking good the past few weeks and now this happens. :(:blackeye:

2. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

We got a green today!!!
    Fingers crossed this dose will work well for Bubsies :bighug:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

In fear of sounding like a broken record, get a script for ondansetron. You want the generic, Zofran in Canada is gold plated, or at least costs like it is.

Has he ever had a GI ultrasound?

bubbasmom (GA) likes this.
  4. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Bubba is 3.4 / 61 at +11 from AM shot. I was out for most of the afternoon and forgot to remind my parents to check his sugars at like +7-8ish, so I am not sure if Bubba went below 2.8 / 50. He was snoozing on the patio with my dad for 4 hours today - living his best life. No signs of hypo.

We got bupe from the compounding pharmacy!!! It's salmon flavoured and I just gave Bubba a dose. He nibbled a bit of First Mate MC tuna + salmon with a bit of canned salmon juice; but at least he nibbled some on his own! Still not a hefty appetite / where I would like for it to be at. He also nibbled some canned salmon earlier this afternoon. I know it's not the best and I would like for him to get his regular raw meal, but I just want him to eat something at this point. He also needs to poop - last poop was last Friday! (he had poops 3 days in a row last week).

PM DOSE QUESTION: I will re-check Bubba sugars closer to shot time (in about 45 minutes)... but since he is 3.4 / 61 - I assume it would be ok to still shoot? I could always spoon or syringe feed him some more MC if his numbers drop.

5. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Haha. I will discuss more medication options tomorrow with my vet :)

Bubba had an abdominal US last February - and at that time everything was normal and appropriate for a gentleman his age. His precious softie toftie belly fur still hasn't grown back to the fluffiness it was prior to shaving it all off for the US - something I deeply regret LOL

6. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

I gave Bubba his full dose of 6.5U... his sugars went up slightly (or glucometer variance?). He also nibbled some more First Mate MC tuna + salmon; I spoon fed him. Appetite is still not great, but at least he nibbled something this evening... especially at shot time.

Will continue to monitor

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Nice greens this evening!

Bubba nibbled some more food... I added canned tuna juice (no sodium) and he licked some up... I think he wants to eat, but perhaps his teeth hurt too much? At least he was motivated to eat with some fish juice lol

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's good that he is eating and staying flat! :)

bubbasmom (GA) likes this.
  9. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Bubba is at 3.2 / 58… I need sleep so I’m going to bed. Bubba had literally 2 nibs of food before he was done with it lol. I left it out on ice with his water. Who knows if he will eat it. Let’s hope he stays in the safe zone the next 5 hours before I get up and do it all over again!