05/13 Baby G AMPS 288 Increase PMPS 244 +2 255

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by babyg, May 13, 2023.

1. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Previous
    Good morning, happy Caturday! (I have to steal that from Deb now :p)
    I failed miserably at the curve again. Guess I'm just an old lady and can't get up a billion times throughout the night anymore. :blackeye: I see some gaps in my spreadsheet where I wish I had more data, but I'd think if she were going low I'd have caught something somewhere at some time. Surprised the 3.75 didn't crash her like it typically does, but then she is eating all dry now (and a lot of it...real good appetite). Think I should just go for the increase this morning, or should I complete a full curve first? Planning to be home all day today.
    Also, if you look at my spreadsheet, it will look like she's been on the 3.75 for about two weeks, but half off that time was on the correctly measured 3.75 and the other half of that time was on the original measurement which was about .20 mm more (I know, I had goofed that up way back in the beginning, lol).

2. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

So I was measuring and resetting my calipers for 4 units and it'll be about .20 mm more than her current dose, so not too much more. What I've discovered is I can't go and say "oh, there's .30 mm per quarter unit" and then use the math to set for any additional increases, because that does not always translate the same to the syringes. It's like, the further down the barrel you go, the more the inconsistencies add up math-wise. I understand the syringes are off anyway, but ever since I started using calipers, I had set aside about 5 of the most normal, correct looking syringes and use those to double-check my measurements. I'd rather the calipers match those more than technically going by .30 x however more quarter units I want to raise, because then if a vet or anyone else ever had to give her a dose, they'd be able to do the same just by eyeballing.

3. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

@Angela & Cleo would you up to 4 now? I'm debating doing 4 this morning or doing a curve during the day and then doing the 4 tonight. Just hate to miss a cycle I could fully monitor her on a new dose. I guess I'm so nervous because I haven't done a full-on curve and usually the 3.75 crashes her and I'm surprised we're even at this point. Another set of eyes could be helpful.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  4. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

I didn't want to mess up our shot time too much so I just went for it. :nailbiting:

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  5. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Sorry I just got this tag. I would have increased :cat:
    Good luck with the increase

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    babyg likes this.
  6. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase! I hear you about getting up a billion times … I’ve spent more hours on my sofa than in the bed on many a night. It does not make for a chipper start in the morning! :eek::blackeye:

babyg likes this.
  7. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

Thanks!