05/15 Bambi AMPS (+1) 94, +1 100, +2 78, +3 67, +3.5 57, +5 61, +6 67, +7 68, +8 73, +9 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caglar and Bambi, May 15, 2023.

1. Caglar and Bambi

Caglar and Bambi Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice cycle. Thanks fir starting a new thread.

Caglar and Bambi likes this.
  3. Caglar and Bambi

Caglar and Bambi Member

Np, here are my replies from the previous one to continue off from here:

Life was really easy before FD with my dry food auto feeder. I could not find a suitable one for wet food and I have 3 cats, I doubt it would work in my case. One of my cats doesn't eat wet food properly so I have to give them a mix, the other eats any remainder and I have to put Bambi in a room so that she doesn't eat the other's mixed food. I'm searching for a freeze-dried low-carb food but couldn't find a suitable one yet. :(

She is always hungry. I'm pretty sure she will eat her normal pouch at AMPS and another whole pouch at +2 if I give it to her. However, after that she will get really hungry until PMPS and will be really cranky. Also if I don't feed the other two at the same time, they will also get grouchy. I would then need to feed them at different times and will need to feed minimum 4-5 times a day at regular intervals which will not be possible. I will try that in the next few days but right now I'm a bit pessimistic about how that will work.

I'm confused about this, wouldn't that lower her chances for remission? Is steadiness of BG the key here, the flatter her BG, the higher the chance? Interesting. She's on 8% right now, for e.g 10%? I was also thinking of lowering further, there's a 4% carb Whiskas which I can find. I tried to avoid Whiskas as a brand but if it increases the chances of remission I could give it a try...

Thanks, I will look into this, seems it could be very handy.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Caglar and Bambi likes this.