05/21 Puddin AMPS 348, +3 438, +8 303, +10 285, PMPS 273, +3 419

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bella & Puddin, May 21, 2024.

1. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Previous

Nothing new today. I'm a little down about his numbers and the response from the vet. I have a feeling he has an underlying issue (acro). I'll be working to figure out how to obtain the blood samples i need to get him tested.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Wishing you lots of good luck with Puddin. You’re doing great with his care, Bella :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bella & Puddin likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Your vet will have to get the blood samples. I'm so sorry it's being so difficult to get these tests done. I had to practically beg and asked my vet (of many years) to humour me. Vets "of a certain age" were taught "this is acromegaly, you'll never see it". After Neko was diagnosed, my vet found another acro in her clinic right away. She was willing to learn and work with me. Those are what I value most in vets.

Bella & Puddin likes this.
  4. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Thank you, Staci! You always have kind words that boost me up when I'm down; I appreciate you!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Thank you, Wendy! I'm having a hard time "reading" my vet; he's very kind and listens well to us, but I'm getting pushback on the subject of this test. I'm wondering if pushback it's solely due to difficulty sending the samples or just not wanting to deal with anything involving acro/iaa. He has a small practice. We will figure this out somehow!

Staci & Ivy likes this.