05/21 Teja AMPS >400, +9 106, +10 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Malia, May 21, 2024.

1. Malia

Malia Member

05/17's post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-17-teja-amps-393.290112/#post-3180135

Hello everyone, so I increased Teja's dose of insulin per my vet's prompting. My vet wanted Teja to be upped to 3 units. I didn't want to do 3 units, so I did my best to do 2.75 units this morning. Which is up from 2.5 units. I know I am supposed to wait 7 days to increase, but I caved to my vet.

So here we are. 2.75 units and an hour and a half away from insulin and we are in the 100s. This is the first time in a while that we have been coasting here with the lower numbers. Teja is snoozing and I have woke her up to eat so she doesn't drop. So tonight we will be shooting low, and I am nervous. I am not sure if it is the 2.75 units that has brought her down to these wonderful numbers, or if it is the 2.5 units coming to fruition. She didn't drop under 90, but could have if I had not fed her.

Should I back down to 2.5 units this evening if she is still in the lower numbers? Should I maintain the 2.75 units? Should a delay my dose if the numbers are in the 100s at preshot? What are your thoughts or suggestions?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's good that you went back up. She had earned a reduction from 3U to 2.75U on 5/12 but the other reductions in dose were unearned and did not hold.
    You want to stay with 2.75U for a week unless she earns a reduction by dropping below 90.

You do want to feed the curve and prevent a drop below 90. That way you can keep her at a good dose so that she spends more time in lower numbers. So it's good you fed her and prevented a reduction. In active cycles, we suggest feeding an LC snack after each test to keep them surfing good numbers.

I will be around, so let's see where the PMPS is. She will invariably bounce, so you want to shoot the full dose if she is over 90.

Malia likes this.
  3. Malia

Malia Member

Hi Bhooma! So good to hear from you! She is already on her way back up. Not sure she will be at 200 by 10pm, which is when I give her PM dose, but she might be close. We will be shooting lower than what she has normally been lately. I hope this bounce isn't too bad. :(

Tomorrow is my birthday. My birthday wish is to get Teja regulated sooner rather than later.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Bouncing is normal. Her body isn't used to lower numbers yet. A good dose not only helps her stay longer in good numbers but also helps bounces clear faster.

Happy Birthday in advance! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Malia likes this.
  5. Malia

Malia Member

Thank you for the happy birthday! I hope this is the right dose. It seems to feel that way. I really hope this bounce clears sooner.

Thanks for hanging out with Teja and I in the message boards. :joyful:

Staci & Ivy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy birthday! May your wish come true.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Malia, wishing for your wishes to come true for Teja!:bighug::bighug::bighug: