05/22 Eddie AMPS 356 PMPS 383 +8 265

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, May 22, 2024.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Wishing you good eating ahead for Mr. Eddie :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Sometimes the old 'take the food dish out and come back with it' trick works for my tuxedo, Buster too. Warming the food in the microwave to mouse temperature helps, Wendy shared that one awhile back and it works. Prayers for Eddie to eat, and prayers for your dog Max, isn't today his surgery? I know you are super stressed, virtual hugs, healing and calming vibes being sent.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

How is Max doing? :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok, so here I am after PMPS 383. I drove out early to get Max to surgery for 8:00am. The surgery vet is further out so had to leave at 7:30 and get back to Eddie (and the other cats) for 8:30. Test, food, insulin and you see we had food wars. Tonight was worse. He would not eat and I have just had it with the in and out of the room and the cajoling. I tired. It didn't work. I syringe fed him. He hates me now.

I've had another stress day. Up to take Max--his surgery went well, at least. I had a meeting today and was teaching. After teaching I drove out to vet, picked up poor Max who was medicated, drove to the 24-hr emerg clinic so they could care for him overnight--epidural on board--drove home to check on everyone, drove for groceries, including picking up Max's food to give to him, drove to 24-hr clinic, gave them good, drove home, fed other cats; Eddie was outside in catio and I thought, fine, be there. Went to my neighbour's for a glass of wine, home to test and feed Eddie. he does not want to cooperate. Syringe feed. This is awful. How can he live without eating????

Tomorrow I have to pick up Max from 24-hr clinic, bring him to clinic where he had the surgery and will assess his recovery, bring him home and being the 5 week recovery program. Test Eddie, hope he eats. Prepare for teaching on Friday.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a day! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Glad to hear that Max seems to be doing well.

Got no suggestions for Eddie. He still getting bupe 3 times a day?

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Jodey, I'm so sorry today was such a stressful day for you.
    I hope Max will not be in and will be kept comfortable while recovering from the surgery. Wow a 5 week recovery program. Hang in there Jodey.:bighug::bighug:. I hope tomorrow will be a better day ♥

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thanks, Diane. I appreciate your good words. <3

11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

What a day is right! Phew. I chronicle it here because I know you all understand the Venn diagram of life with special needs kitties.

Yes, bupe 3x daily. Gonna try for an appointment with our good vet to see what can be done. Cartrophen ready to pick up.

12. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad Max's surgery went well. Sending prayers for his recovery. I hope Eddie starts eating better for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Don't know what I'm going to do this morning. The food wars were so bad last night that now he's avoiding me.