? 05/28 Mowgli AMPS 68, +4 74, +6.25 67, +8.5 80 Starting Cabergoline

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, May 28, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

We have just received Mowgli's Cabergoline, and were hoping to start him on it soon. Since he had been having nadirs in the 100s or 200s for the past week, I figured we could keep him on his dose of 12.5u for the start of Cabergoline. However, Mowgli decided to switch it up and have a AMPS in the 60s and a daytime cycle all under 100. So now, I am wondering if we should reduce his dose (to 11.5u?) and wait a couple of days before we start Cabergoline.

What do you think?

@Wendy&Neko

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I am sure Wendy will give input when she comes on line. I wish I could answer you but I’m not familiar with cabergoline and how fast it starts to work. Have you also posted on the Acro forum in case Wendy doesn’t see this soon enough?

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks Elise! I can definitely post on the Acro forum.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have seen cabergoline start to work as quickly as 7-10 days, and as long as months. I think you'd be fine starting it. But when you do, keep in mind that how each cat responds is very different, and not predictable. I have seen some literally fly down the dosing scale. For that reason, until you know how Mowgli responds, I would be conservative. Maybe start with a higher point for reductions, like 70.

5. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Would you recommend we keep him at 12.5u or reduce him a bit since he tested as low as 67 today? His nadirs were higher the past week but suddenly today he switched it up on us.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think you could stay at this dose a few days yet, to see if greens are a trend or a on off.