05/31-Dolly-AMPS 132 -75@2.5 -83@4 -80@5 -90@7 -83@9 -PMPS 120 -132@1.5 -82@2.5 -90@3.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), May 31, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-pmps-94-89-2-25-69-3-5.248016/#post-2797388

Good Morning:):cat:

Surf safely kitty cats :cat::cat::cat::cat:

Sending healing prayers to all the kitties and their caretakers that are not feeling their best :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gave Dolly pain meds last night and probably for the first time got the full dose in her mouth and not on me. She got a little loopy and I was up until midnight +5, trying to get her tested. She was having none of it :facepalm:, once again laughing at me :p while I tried to get her, pleading with her :facepalm: She can be a little stinker :cat:. Went to bed.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

From the notes on Dolly's SS, it looks like you're feeding her late in the PM cycle to see if her pancreas kicks in. With 3 data points, I would not call this a "failed experiment." Cats are creatures of habit. I would give this at least 2 weeks, maybe even longer, to see if adding a snack has the desired effect.

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Sienne. I guess patience is not one of my strong suits. I will continue with hope that it eventually brings down her AMPS.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Adrienne and Dolly the little stinker :joyful:
    I hope you have a nice day ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Diane, I was just going to tag you and saw your post. Hope today is a better day for Ashley, no street repairs on a holiday thank goodness. Hope you and
    Tyler are having a good day. Think of all of you often. Wish for good days for all of you. Take good care. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Adrienne, just saw this now, I just got home from visiting my dad who has Alzheimer's, not that bad at times. He's in a very excellent nursing home. Me, my sister and brother made sure of it.
    He was living with my sister but then he had a mini stroke which made things worse.
    We wished we could have cared for him at home but there was no way.
    It broke our hearts
    At least we know he's being well taken care of

We are allowed to visit once her week
    Me on a Tues, my sister on a Thurs and brother on a Wed
    Besides that now they allow you to visit in the lobby for 45 minutes 6 days a week

So I'll try to visit him more often
    Hopefully one day I can take Ashley up to visit in the lobby where it's quiet
    She hasn't seen him since last Oct, he's like a father to her
    She is so upset this happened to him and he has to be there.
    Today when I was there he said Ashley is my #1
    She is the one person that he never forgets about.

Life really does suck sometimes doesn't it
    I'll check in later ♥:bighug::bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Diane, so sorry to hear about your dad. I can only imagine how hard it is (for you and your siblings and Ashley, he probably doesn’t really know most of the time) I am so sorry. You have so much on your plate, another example of how I need to count my blessings and remember to be grateful. My dearest friend lost her husband of 60 years a year ago ( she thought that was the worst thing) now her daughter has been diagnosed with stage 4+ pancreatic cancer. That’s her baby no matter how old she is. Just like Ashley is for you. I have been through a lot these past 3 years but nothing compared to what you are dealing with. My heart is with you and Ashley and your dad. I am so sorry that for now there is no treatment to make her better. Have the best day possible. Hugs to you Ashley and of course sweet Tyler. :bighug::bighug::bighug: You are such a special person for the care you give to your family. :)
    Next time I will pm you :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Adrienne, you are a sweetie!
    I remember you telling me about your dear friend and her daughter.
    She must be devastated .You can tell me how's she's doing when we PM. No rush
    Talk to you later ♥:bighug::bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Just had to tell you I was pretty sure I was repeating myself, only other person I talk to about my friend is my husband. :oops: Getting old and in a weird place/space/mood today o_O. Have a nice evening, hope you can relax. Ashley as well. Tyler, carry on :cat::cat:

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

I repeat myself all the time don't worry about, we all have so much on our minds.
    I just turned 65 in April and can't believe how many times I forgot where I put something only minutes ago lol
    Maybe I should start tapping notes to the wall lol