06/06 Poopers AMPS 15(270)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Poopers and Catia, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Poopers and Catia

Poopers and Catia Member

Hey everyone :joyful: Today Poopers will be starting Lantus insulin!! Usually his numbers are very high in the morning but today not too much. He will be starting off at 3U because thats what he was on when he was on Caninsulin and everyone suggested i stay in the same units! Cant wait to see his numbers get better! :cat:

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the LBL forum! :)
    Link to your previous post in the Main forum - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/lantus-units-to-give.248209/

Replying to your post in the Main forum here.

All "diabetic" dry and wet food is high carb. The only exception is Purina Pro Plan DM which is 6% carb. A diabetic cat needs to eat food with less than 10% from carbs. We usually feed less than 5% carbs.
    If Poopers likes to eat dry food, there are low carb options - Young Again Zero, Dr. Elsey's Cleanprotein (chicken flavour) and Wysong Epigen 90.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Poopers and Catia

Poopers and Catia Member

I did not know that... i just checked Poopers dry food and its 15%. We thought this whole time that it was low carbs. wow thats unfortunate. I will look into those brands for sure

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It is lower carb that other dry foods which are around 30% but not low enough for a diabetic cat.

5. Poopers and Catia

Poopers and Catia Member

ok thank you i will look into the brands you said

Bandit's Mom likes this.