? 07/09 Leo amps 152, +0,30= 164, +1=207, +4=362, pmps +3= 415

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leocat, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Leocat

Leocat Member

2. Leocat

Leocat Member

I fed him and after 30 min blood sugar is 164 , should I shoot a 0,25 ui?

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

When you stall, you need to not feed because any BG will be food influenced.
    The 152 is a lot lower than you have shot before. Do you have plenty of test strips,HC food and honey if needed And willing to test all cycle if needed
    How do you feel about shooting 0.25 u. I won’t be able to stay with you all cycle though as it’s night for me.

4. Leocat

Leocat Member

Thanks for reply Bron

I won’t shoot, I have dentist appointment and won’t be able to monitor him all day... and since I feed I’m not sure about his numbers .. he usually goes up but I don’t want to take any risk...

Have a good sleep! Hugs

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

152 is a safe number to shoot but if you are not going to be around it’s fine to wait until your next chance at shooting a lower number when you will be around to monitor

6. Leocat

Leocat Member

I wrongly fed cause despite that I read the sticky notes I had in mind last time Leo was 156 preshoot at night vet told me to feed him and test again.. back then he was on diabetic prescription food and after an hour his blood sugar went up to 291...
    Now after an hour he’s at 207...

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

The problem with feeding is we don’t know how much food influences the BG so to be safe it is best to not feed for the 2 hours Preshot and then if you get a lowish number stall and hold off feeding to see if the BG goes up on its own. It mostly will because it’s the end of the cycle
    Don’t worry about it, you will know what to do next time and Leo will get back on track.