? 07/09 Mishka AMPS 455 +1 349 Can summer heat affect matters?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Frogster, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Frogster

Frogster Member

Didn't post for a while, didn't have much news )
    Except we had our first blue number a couple of days ago, but it was followed by a bounce and we never got there again, so, probably, doesn't really count.
    But today's AMPS 455 seems a bit out of the blue (he-he).
    To figure things out, tested her at +1 349. Pretty fast fall, isn't it? Mind you she had a good meal straight after the shot. The weather is exceptionally hot these days. Can it affect the matters somehow? What should I do? We are facing at least a week of heat here, probably more.

Previous thread - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/06-29-mishka-amps-527-our-first-blacks-pmps-295.231616/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

I'm not sure how heat impacts numbers but for Monty during the hot days in summer I've put an ice pack on the floor with a pile of towels over it - if he gets too hot he sleeps on it.

3. Frogster

Frogster Member

I feel like lying on a pile of frozen towels myself frankly :D

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That blue means you hold the dose another day, but it looks like you'll eventually be needing another increase.

I wish I could complain about a hot summer instead of just a wet one. :(

5. Frogster

Frogster Member

I'll take just a wet summer over a hot one any day. Love the smell of rain. And the ability to breathe freely. And sleep. And think. And work. And not to stick to things and myself. And the absence of headaches :cool: Good old days...
    Shot her 2U today. I don't feel safe to increase these days anyway, she often didn't have much appetite and threw up straight after meals during heatwaves in previous years.