07/12 Djoko amps 358 pmps 281 +2.5 = 58 (AT2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yikes, good catch. I'd take a full 0.25u reduction this time, 58 on AT2 is getting down there.

3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I thought it was 3 times under 50 (or 68 AT2) for diabetic cat for more than 1 year?

4. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I need to add the values when he had the libre (he removed it 2 days ago grr).
    He did not go into hypo from my recollection but will check. i test him with AT2 when he goes under 3.7 on the libre which is meant for humans.

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

He has this very frustrating pattern that I can see on Libre where he bounces, spends the day high (above 17 in world numbers) and then at +12, he starts going lower very quickly (steep curve) and then the pm dose kicks in and he gets that low...and then bounces again. It does noes happen every day but it is very noticeable on the Libre and except feeding him a lot at the beginning of the cycle, which I do now, it is very difficult to change. If you have tips, please let me know. Sometimes, I am wondering if other insulin would fit him better.
    I do not like when he goes low (for me under 4 is playing with fire) but at the same time, reducing the dose means he will be higher most of the time and he has kidney disease, pancreatitis and IBD and has been diabetic for a while and unstable so I am always concerned that If I reduce his dose, it will damage his kidneys and other organs. I now shoot him at 5h30am in the morning and therefore 5:30pm to go to bed in peace. He is a yo-yo...

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looks like he’s been under 68 three times. I’d take the reduction. You can always go up if it doesn’t hold. It’s so hard to know what to do with a long term using an AT. I think perhaps 58 on an AT might be like the 30’s on a human meter but we just don’t know.

7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

We will try the reduced dose for 5-7 days and see how it goes. I hope he will not be too high.

9. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

His AMPS and PMPS are still very high. It is disappointing to have to reduce. Safety first but being high is not safe either for his organs..oh well!

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s interesting I have never read the AT instructions before. So they use 65. Based on that I would go with 3 times in 60’s but one under 60. I’d try the reduction but not necessarily for any particular number of days. If he trends up there is no set number of cycles before you would go back up. I would give it until the bounce breaks and then decide.

11. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Yes I will try it and we can always adjust the dose afterwards. We know for a fact that he will be high for at least the next cycle so tomorrow will not be considered. thank you!

tiffmaxee likes this.