07/16-Dolly-AMPS105 -116@2 -69@3 -65@4 -64@4.75 -53@5.5 89@1.25 -106@10.75 -PMPS 88 -69@2.25-69@3.75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Jul 16, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...103-84-2-5-85-3-75-103-6.249889/#post-2818997

Good morning :):cat:

Sending healing prayers to all of the kitties and their caretakers that are not feeling their best :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Yesterday Dolly had her best day in a long time. Our funny girl was back. Jumping on things she hasn’t been on in awhile. Getting down is more a problem, she is so very careful climbing down, never jumps off of anything anymore. She was her sweet lovable Dolly self, Happy Cat :cat:. No pain meds for 36 + hours. We are watching her closely. Those pain meds change her but when I see her struggling and seemingly in pain she will get them. Giving her meds every 12 hours three times in a row just knocked her out.
    She even checked out her new perch, actually stood on it for 10 seconds. :smuggrin:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so glad you got your old Dolly back. I'm sorry the pain meds seem to "change" her but you are doing what you think is best. I hope she won't need them anymore. Hopefully, she will get used to that new perch and give it more than 10 seconds. ;)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Dolly has another good day today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Isn’t it wonderful when they are back to their “old selves” acting like they used to? I’m very happy to hear that about Dolly! I know it did your heart good!

Sorry about the frustration of the x-ray situation! It’s nice that you saw your daughter though!

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I had to leave at 5.5 of course. Gave her tsp of mc. I knew it would make her too high but my husband has never had to deal with low numbers. He gets too nervous.He checked her at 6.25. I have to leave again at 8.5 for PT. Anyway Carla, her numbers are okay. Hope you and Furball are having a great day. I see she didn’t listen to us about getting a blue. They are cats :cat: and don’t like to take orders :p. Take care Carla’s family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear Dolly is doing well and is more like her old self! I hope you and hubby are also doing well and hopefully feeling like yourselves too?

As usual I'm swamped and overwhelmed...ha ha...what's new, huh? DH is having his surgery on Monday - hallaleuha! I can't wait to get this all behind us and get him on the road to recovery!

Take Care Adrienne!!!

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Sue, I knew the surgery was Monday. I was going to send you an email this weekend. It seemed like it was never going to happen. I know you are looking forward to the surgery being behind you, both of you must be relieved that it will be over soon,I’m sure. How long is the recovery? Is anyone going to help you? How is your mom? How are you holding up? I don’t know how I wound up in the middle of your post. Luci’s blues and greens are beautiful. Take care, have to leave. Will email you over the weekend. Hugs

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It seemed to take forever to us too!! We were fast tracked by a little help from my boss - who's friends with the orthopedic surgeon...so instead of waiting until Sept/Oct - we're getting this done on Monday - can't happen soon enough - he's in so much pain from this darn hip!!

Mom is still struggling to adjust - you know it's hard at her age to be moving...even though she didn't like the old place (I have no idea why, because the lady there was wonderful)...she doesn't like the new place either! So nothing new there...she's running me thru my paces though with just about weekly appointments for the dentist, dermatologist, hair cuts, etc. the list is long and I try to please her...

My son will be over Sunday to help around the house but otherwise it's just the two of us - we'll get thru it. I'm the designated 'coach' for this procedure so I'll be there with him all day for the pre-op/ waiting for surgery / then post-op period and hopefully he'll be released by the end of the day - and I'm hoping in time for me to get home to give Luci her shot on schedule. I'm moving her schedule up a bit on Sunday/Monday since we have to be at the hospital at 6:15 a.m. - his surgery is scheduled to start at 7:30...

He's supposed to be on his feet the day of surgery - with a walker - and within two weeks should be able to walk without the walker - they said in 6 weeks he'll be feeling pretty normal and in 12 weeks will never know he has a new hip...I'm sure hoping for that! It'll be just in time for us to head back to Florida!

Enjoy your day :)

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

upload_2021-7-16_19-15-16.jpeg

Dolly is having a very off day today. Eating very little. I finally gave her pain meds. She has her paws crossed that she will feel better later tonight.

Dolly sends big hugs to everyone and hopes all her kitty friends are doing well. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Sue, it’s late and I need to sleep but honestly it feels like you just left Florida :rolleyes: so much work for you to do. I want some of that energy or at least, tell me where I can buy it :p. Talk again soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.