? 07/16 Leo amps 226, +3=179, +5=72, +6=120, +9=318, pmps 420, +5=412

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leocat, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Leocat

Leocat Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/07-15-leo-amps-377-9-363-pmps-417-4-248.232332/

I wasn’t expecting such a low number this morning, maybe he didn’t ate well lastnight ...
    it is my first shoot on a low number so I’m a quite anxious to see how he reacts
    Usually he goes up at noon when he has low amps and I don’t give usual the dose ... I have hc foods, honey and strips and will stay home...
    When Should I expect a nadir? Same as usual at +4 Or +6?
    Hopefully he will not hypo...
    wish me luck !

2. Leocat

Leocat Member

+5=72, fed him hc gravy fancy feast, hopefully this was the nadir and from now on will go up ... did he earned a reduction or how should I adjust the dose?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today. Hopefully he slows down the slide and keeps surfing and comes back up soon. Yes he earned a reduction to 1.0 units. It's hard to predict when the nadir is. It may be when it usually is, but sometimes a slide can bring a late nadir.

4. Leocat

Leocat Member

He asked for food twice in this hour and I fed him once after I tested and after 30 min as Leo asked food so his blood sugar after 2 meals of wet HC food is 120 ... what are the chances for his blood sugar to go down again ?
    If I test again in 2 hours is ok?

5. carfurby (GA)

It depends on how quickly the HC food wears off. You may want to test in an hour and go from there.

6. Leocat

Leocat Member

He didn’t ate since last bs check up and his bs went up again I think it’s a bounce +9=318

If I don’t do the dose he goes up if I do it he bounces ugly ... hard to find the proper balance..
    a new day of experience

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  7. carfurby (GA)

Sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent a bounce. It is part of the process. Some cats bounce all the way to remission.

8. Leocat

Leocat Member

What tips can you give me to make Leo like the shoot time more?
    he never liked the shoot but I managed to do it without too much struggle
    I always give rewards before and after the shoot, also for blood tests time
    Despite me talking and petting him as always tonight he got extremely agitated and meowed trying to escape... I had to hold him more forced than usually
    can His rejection be due the low number he got today?

9. carfurby (GA)

If you get stressed or upset at test time, he will pick up on it. I always give Furball loving before and after each test. Sometimes they just get antsy at test time and won't stay still.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Leocat

Leocat Member

We have good loving times when we do tests and he learned to relax and let me sting his ear... he even purrs ..no problem at tests...
    Is not about tests, we are good with testing, the issue is with the insulin shoot.. although I apply same technique as when I test ...but he still doesn’t like shoots
    tonight he struggled much more than usual and despite the fact that he said a meow when I made the injection it’s possible that I gave him a fur shoot cause at +5=412 .. or can this be such a bad bounce?! ... very sad..
    Thank you for support❤️

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  11. carfurby (GA)

It looks more like a bounce to me than a fur shot.

12. Leocat

Leocat Member

Ok, it’s good to know
    maybe the amps will look nicer

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you ever seen this post on testing and shooting tips? Maybe something in there to make it a little easier for him.

By the way, I noticed you gave HC at that 72 today. Next time, if you are around to monitor, try giving a couple tsps of LC instead. If you give them some regular low carb when they first hit green, it can help them "surf" or hang out flatter in those nice pancreas healing numbers. Think of it as an experiment, as so many things are with feline diabetes. Use the Remarks section to record any extra food, how much and whether LC, MC, HC. It'll help you learn how carb sensitive Leo is, and help you next time you see a lower number to know what you should do.

14. Leocat

Leocat Member

Thanks Wendy,
    Indeed would be very helpful to note and Will note the amount and type of food he had... it’s truly an observation experiment
    I read the tips some time ago and was very helpful with his ear tests, vet showed me a horror technique ... to turn the ear And search on all the skin area for tiny veins to sting and his ears were full of marks and mostly I had to sting several times but Since I found tips for tests here on forum was so much easier
    I will re read maybe I find something that I missed or now I will understand it differently.
    I also seen videos on YouTube, so far it didn’t work out for me to shoot while he eats, also vet said that the scruff is not most indicated place so I kind of avoided it ... I also notice that when I shoot him on side of belly is less painful for him, but still he just doesn’t want it... Maybe He reacts like this also cause the insulin is cold ...