07/17 - Haley OTJ Update AM +4 126, +7 74,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Haleysmom, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Haleysmom

Haleysmom Well-Known Member

07/01 Haley - OTJ Update AM +7 91

My other cat, Jax, that lived with my X-boyfriend, went missing from his house, for two days. I found him yesterday and brought him to my house to stay. My X is in the hospital with a broken leg and will be there for a few days, he's having surgery. The EMTs didn't close the door and that's how he got out. Anyway, Haley just tested at 126. She didn't eat breakfast today because, I accidentily kicked a box and she got scared and ran off. When she came back, I fed her and tested her. Since Jax has been back, he has not bullied her. He's still getting settled in. There's been a little hissing and growling but I'm pretty impressed how well it's going with 4 cats. They all know Jax. He lived with me for 5 yrs. I'm going to test Haley again in 3 hrs. Does this blip mean she's coming out of remission or could it be temporary?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

No reason to worry after just one blip, especially with the new cat in the house (even if they do know each other). Any change in the household can cause the BG to go up some.

I'd test about 3 hours after feeding and see if the number comes down which will show if the pancreas is working but I wouldn't worry a lot right now. Give Haley a chance to get used to the new circumstances.

Haleysmom and Bandit's Mom like this.
  3. Haleysmom

Ty, Chris! I just tested her and she's at 74! Yay!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    carfurby (GA) and Wendy&Neko like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good news on capturing Jax so you can take care of him now. Also good news that Haley's still in remission.:D

5. Haleysmom

Ty, Wendy, on both counts. Jax is setting in a bit more. He and my other two boys have all been sleeping in the bedroom together. I haven’t heard a peep! The house is so quiet! Haley is with me and she’s doing so well ❤️

carfurby (GA) and tiffmaxee like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found Jax. Glad to see Haley back to green.

Haleysmom likes this.
  7. Haleysmom

Ty, Carla! Me too! I’ve never lost a cat. I was losing my mind! Thank Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Saint Anthony and Saint Francis that I found him. He still settling in. There’s a tiny bit of growling and hissing but not bad at all and with four kitties I am impressed! Yes, I’m so thankful that Haley went back to green. It was a shocker to see her so high! Ty, again, Carla! ❤️