07/23/2020 emergency 33 this amps put syrup up rectum to rush sugar back up .

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Hello ,
    I got sick again had to go to the doctors again they are running more test again . They gotta CBd oyt why my white blood cell count is up too . I woke up my neck was hurting really bad . Headache sore throat etc . They testing me for Vitamin deficiency , the virus, different tick bacterias again . the other doctor didn’t check and my liver count too . I gotta edit for 7 days to find out something craxy !
    Ok Salem little stinker worrying me and with me sick it’s hard . I tested his ketones they are always 0.9 mml or 0.1 mml well twi nifgta should hs tested 0.2 mml . Got him down but then I had a doctor spot this morning at 8 only appt I could get that my doctor had so I made the spot in line got ready ran to the doctor it took me a couple of hours . I had to get gas . When I got gone I saw salwm editing for me at the door . I hurried checked his sugar oh my word it was 33 mgs ! I rushed got out the high carb food gave him syrup and gravy . I keep checking it every two mins it didn’t go nowhere then I remembered I read to oyt syrup up the rectum so my pinky was too big . So I got a small cosmetic brush poured syrup and honey in it and just barely stuck it up his rectum . And turned it slowly while I held him still . Then got him bsbk yo in his feet . He was acting ok but he wa eating like crazy . So I just poured more syrup in his food he ate it thank Gid ! Three mins passed I rechecked him it started going up to 35 still too low so I have him more gravy more syrup up his rectum he didn’t like it but he corporates with me . He gave me a little growl he doesn’t like no one messing with his butt . But he eats so much soft food I baby wipes to clean him up . Afyer Abt 7 minutes when it all stars he was up to 55 mgs. The whole time I was telling myself to do not panic ! Now he’s up to 303 hopefully he’s bouncing . Excuse me for typos my sickness is effecting my vision too . I got glasses but it’s blurry . It’s worse than usual now . He’s ok now . What a scare so we earned a reduction not sure why he went down so low ? I’m just thankful I got home in time . Prayers to everyone ! I’m updating his spreadsheet now. With me being sick so much I guess I’m feeling gulity and worried I’m not taking cars if him like I need to I have her. Having bad dreams he gets sick again and dies . :(:(

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/07-20-2020-salems-amps-84.232502/#post-2599917

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would reduce to 5.0 units, not 5.25. Over 5 units, the changes should be larger. Plus with you not well, best to let him run a little safer. Take care of you so you can take care of Salem. :bighug:

Tina and Salem likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no, how terrifying! So glad you were there for him.

Echoing Wendy, you have to take care of yourself first so you can take care of him. Nothing to feel guilty about there :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

4. Tina and Salem

Thanks I will reduce to 5 units in the am . Thanks this food think where Jojo wasn’t eating well and we put him in the other room to eat high carb food didn’t work out good . They were sneaking salem into the other room to eat the high carb food so we decided to try frisky a but the frisky pate I chose at walmart was a high carb food even though it was pate . It was the grilled pate so up salems sugar went with it even more . So we decided it was safer to just put them all back in the 9 lives pate they normally ate . If Jojo gets hungry enough he will eat evidently . Salems ketones normally are 0.0 ml - 0.1 mml it went up to 0.2 mml with all the high carb food and he wasn’t feeling very well . But he’s better now . He didn’t act like he was having any hypo symptoms when I got home but he was waiting for me at the door he had ate all the food I left him and. Notice Salem usually knows when he’s sugar is low . I notice he eats every time it does go low and he was eating very fast this morning when I gave him more food whike I tested him and I saw it was 33 I retested today be sure . I have never seen hea sugar go this low before only on a bad strip that was false . So I remember the syrup up the rectum I had read to raise it up quicker when it’s really low in the way to the Er . With no symptoms and only eating fast and I had not been gone but a couple hours I know he’s insulin activated in a few hours so I knew he couldn’t have been low long enough to have any real symptoms bur I worried when he has eaten and he’s sugar wasn’t going up as fast as it usually does so I did that syrup trick to raise it up quicker . I dnt want to risk him having any other symptoms besides eating fast . I get low blood sometimes snd I know when my sugar goes down I get shakey and eat something high in sugar then before it goes up I get kinda weak . I didn’t want to risk him getting f hypo in me . So high dosages in insulin tou reduce a half a Unit instead ? Thanks for the information I didn’t know that . I’m worried he got up in dosage all of a sudden also . He was not taking fb this much insulin ? He may need dental work so um trying to get up money to get him somewhere to get his teeth looked at . It maybe the reason he’s gone up insulin ? Not sure . Someone on the board mentioned his teeth one day .

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Salem is okay and you were able to get his numbers to come back up. I hope the doctor's can figure out what is going on with you and get you a treatment plan. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Tina and Salem

Thanks I think it was you that mentioned he’s teeth I cnt remember who it was lol you or Sonia . My medicine makes me have short term Memory so it worries me that I might do something wrong to Salem so my son checks behind me to make sure I dnt do something wrong before he goes to work and when he gets home . . Thank Gos I have him to help me out too ! Even though he’s gone nsbk to work he still helps me out in the morning before work and The evening when he gets hime . He was robbed the other day I think it was a setup to kill my son thank Is I had luxe 360 on him he’s kind hearted wanted to help a guy out who asked gid minet they grabbed all his money in his hand pushed him and took off my son said he had asked for a ride to. Hotel but he didn’t know someone else was in a car waiting for this guy . After he grabbed his money he took off Daniel chased him he said mama he got into the car I saud which side he says the passenger side . I said oh my lord he was working with someone possible going to Robb you both of them s d kill you ! It worries me to death now . So he’s making sure he’s got gas etc before he stops in the city again . I told him the lord is with you thank God you would have took this man to the hotel if I didn’t have his tracker on you . So do not tell mama your life is worthless it’s not I think Gods got a plan for him . It’s been plenty of good people that did get hurt from people like this . So count your blessings and get your faith back he says I never lost my faith mama I’m just not sure about some things are I said yeah your young we dint know everything zGod doesn’t want us to know everything and your young still learning ! Yiu will get wiser in years !

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Daniel is okay. How scary. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OMG! Tina I hope you get to feeling better...what a time you've had! Sorry to hear about that scrape your son had!! These are tough times we're living in.

I'm glad Salem is ok. As Wendy advised you above, if you're sick, you might want to ease back on the insulin - he'll surf a little higher but at least hopefully won't be in danger of a hypo...if you're not able to test due to illness...best to back off a bit. You can work with him when you're feeling better...

Best of luck to you!! Sending you hugs for getting well! - both of you!! :bighug::bighug: