08/28 Kirby AMPS 190; +5 362; + 7 455 (Alphatrak)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Staci

Staci Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-83-3-77-4-113-alphatrak.234204/#post-2621003

After having relatively lower numbers yesterday, Kirby started at 190 this morning and his numbers have been increasing. I have been feeding low-carb food today as snacks, but never within 2 hours of testing. [Last night during our sequence of multiple tests in a row, I was feeding him MC food to help prevent him from tanking... I'm not sure if that might affect today.]

I'll be texting my vet his PMPS result tonight to see what she thinks for his evening dose. We had dropped from 2 to 1.5 last night because he went into his evening dose at just 105.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like he's bouncing today - he's really not used to those pretty greens and blues he saw last night. Here we dose based on how low the dose takes the cat, not the preshot values. Since you are using the Alphatrak2, you don't want him to go much lower than he did last night. Though last night's number was probably due to the partial depot of the 2.0 units you had been giving before then. I think I'd stick with the 1.5 units for a bit, or if the vet wants you to increase, no more than 1.75 units.

Staci likes this.
  3. Staci

Staci Member

Thank you! If she suggests an increase I'll suggest 1.75. I definitely hope to avoid a repeat (or worse) of last night. And I'm sure Kirby would too.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome for neg ketones last night! I'd keep trying to test again today, cause his blood sugar numbers are up.

Sue and Luci likes this.