? 09/01 Ramone amps 113, +2 108, +10 113, pmps 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerica&ramone, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

Hi All
    Its been a while since I've posted. Hope you are all doing well.
    Looking for opinion on what I dose I should advise the cat hotel I take my cats too while we are away. Leaving this Friday to following Wednesday.
    It seems as though Ive got him up to a good dose now I've kind of been following SLGS more than TR these days as I've been getting called to come into work so I'm not home to monitor - I'm going to do a curve now and test him all night and all day tomorrow.

I guess it will be based on tomorrows results and tonight, if his #s stay like this I'd want to hold this current dose but might be safer to drop .5 a unit. I just want to know if its crazy if I want to hold the dose if his #'s stay looking this good! :cool::cool: I just don't want to lose these #s but with his condition as well anything can happen with his #s it seems.

Also just got some Young Again dry food - going to slowly introduce it, I don't want it to be a replacement of his wet food but something for him to graze on or have snack on throughout the night. Dr.Elsey's did not work for us.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Jerica, I missed you and Ramone.

If he stays in low blues the next couple days, I agree with your approach. Medium blues might be a bit safer than low blues with acro in the picture. It's only 5 days.

Watch the YA food - some cats get tummy upset from it as it's rather rich. Could you modify your signature to say SLGS? Any dry food in the picture means following SLGS. Have you ever tried doing an autofeeder with wet food overnight?

3. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

HI Wendy! Thank you.
    And yes I agree its only 5 days.

I do have an autofeeder, they just won't use it when I'm home, He just loves the dry kibble so much and I just want him to be happy, he still eats his fancy feasts breakfast, lunch and dinner like no tomorrow! He eats a lot!

Is it highly advised against to use dry food period even if it is something like YA?

I've only given 2 tbsp of it just started it tonight actually.
    It shouldn't affect his #'s correct ? I may not end up committing to it either just have as a back up, make it more of a little treat once in a while.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

5. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

That is a good read. Thank you.

And for the little bit of the YA that I gave Ramone the other day, he slept by the water dish allll night.
    I think I'll keep it for just a treat here and there nothing more. We have enough issues as it is, I don't need to throw in a urinary blockage.