09/09/20 Dolly AMPS 239 SLGS Dosage help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Sep 9, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m in California. I raised Dolly’s insulin (Lantus) by .25 this morning. She was on 1 unit for 9 days. As suggested I raised her to 1.25, she has been on that dosage for 6 days. I raised her to 1.5 this morning. I hope I didn’t do the wrong thing. I have read and reread the dosing instructions for SLGS and get confused as to when I should increase, her numbers are sort of flat. I need advice.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You needed to do a curve testing every two hours for a full cycle or every 3 hours for 18 hours. You stopped at +4.

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I did a curve on September 2nd.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

But six days in the dose was yesterday.

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

So I need to do another curve with the 1.25? I messed that up by giving the 1.5 today. Should I do the curve today anyway?

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

With SLGS you are supposed to do a curve every 7 days and make dose adjustments after that. You haven't had any numbers below 149, so she did need an increase. Since you just increased, I'd keep the dose and do a curve in 7 days to see if you need to adjust the dose. Since you are able to get a lot of tests in you should be fine to wait to do the curve.

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

thank you. Sorry for the multiple answers. Just one of those days. :rolleyes:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You can go ahead and get more tests in today. Any data is good data.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose. As far as a curve, the goal is to find out how low the dose is taking your cat. If you have sufficient spot checks (and you do) you don't need an official curve per se. The guidelines for doing a curve are also for people who get little to know mid cycle data and can't answer the questions "how low dose the dose take my cat".

Here is the link to your previous post here. We ask that you include those links so we can easily go back and see the history: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/09-05-20-dolly-not-eating-insulin-pmps-268.234775/

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

How/where do I include these links? I believe I have one more before the one you just mentioned and older ones as well.

11. Wendy&Neko

Just start doing the links going forward. The include your link, go to your previous post. In your browser, copy the URL or address up top. Then in your new post, select the link icon, 7th icon from the left and click it. Copy the URL into the pop up menu and that will do a link. You can get Fancy like you did with your spreadsheet in your signature, by typing works like "yesterday's post", selecting those words, then selecting the link icon and pasting in the copied address.

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. Sounds a little confusing but I won’t know until I try it. Much appreciated.

13. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I am totally lost on posting previous link when creating a new thread. I am stressed and frustrated, don’t know why I can’t figure it out. :banghead:

14. Wendy&Neko

I see you haven't started a new thread for today yet. Before you do, go to the top of your browser where the URL address is for this thread (the part starting https://felinediabetes....) highlight the whole address and copy it. Then go to the top of the forum and select Post New Thread, a button on the top right. In the text box, see the thread tools just above the text box? Select the one 7th from the left that looks like a chain link. You will get a pop up Link window with a spot to paste the URL. Once you've pasted it, hit the insert button and you're done.

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. Did I need to do this on my computer? (I did). Was this my problem?

16. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I know I am not following the correct thread tools, I never seem to be able to find the new thread button after I copy the link from my previous post. I need someone to look at Dolly’s spread sheet and if I need to worry. I have read the instructions over and over and ...... need help

17. Wendy&Neko

I've done this on my web browser on my phone and tablet. If you look at the Lantus forum page, the Post New Thread button is on the top right, not far below your name.

Dolly is in safe healing numbers, looks like she's on her way up. With SLGS, she's earned a reduction back to 1.5 units.

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I don’t know why I have so much trouble finding that button when I need it. I feel so old when that happens. When I do find it I don’t remember how I did find it. . Thanks so much for responding.