09/16/20 Dolly PMPS 197 Nothing,Token,Wait

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Sep 16, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-222-slgs-dosage-help.235244/#post-2634226

Dolly was at 286 6:30 AM PST I checked her at +4 and she was at 121, +5 84, +6 74. Just checked at +7 82. Her poor ear, she won't let me touch the left one. Do I need to check anymore before her pre shot? Need dosing advice? She seems fine other than her congestion. Eating well. Do I reduce her to 1.5 units from 1.75 units this am per dosing SLGS? I just need confirmation. Thank you.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to reduce tonight by .25 - yes from 1.75 to 1.5. She earned a reduction today on SLGS when she went below 90.

You must absolutely not shoot insulin without getting a pre-shot test (PMPS). That's the only way you'll know whether or not she has continued to slide down today.

If she's lower than you're comfortable with: STALL / DO NOT FEED / Test again in 20 minutes - Post here for help. You appear to be on Pacific Time and there are several people who should be on the forum that time of day - I will not be one of them as I'm Eastern Daylight Time and an early riser/early evening person.

I hope this is helpful!

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction!
    If her ear is sore, you could try putting some Neosporin Ointment with Pain Relief on it. Widely available at drug stores. Lots of people here use it and it helps ears heal faster from all of the pokes. :)

4. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I
    Thanks so much. I never give insulin without a pre shot test. We have just returned from a 7 month remission. I did not follow dosing protocols last time, went with vet advice and help from this forum.

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I have been using it for awhile. Lots of testing and just one ear. She is such a good sport. Thank you.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

I'm sorry you're back from remission - I saw that on your SS :(

But you're in the right place! Glad to hear you don't shoot without getting a pre-shot test. I mis-read your comment...and thought you asked if you needed to get any more tests ...

Long day at work...:facepalm:

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Ah! I didn't realize. I'm glad she's such a good sport about it all. I alternate ears daily and it would be tough to only have one ear to use.

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I understand. I just meant did I need to test anymore between now and pre shot. I appreciate the help. Have a restful evening. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Some people use the paw...Luci would tear my eyes out if I ever tried that one...

Just sayin' it is an option - for those who have cats who will allow them to touch their tooties...

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

No paws in this house. I can’t even cut her nails. She folds that left ear that even if I got some blood she would squish it. :mad:

11. Sue and Luci

Same here...Luci doesn't tolerate pedicures...or foot massages...and oh those beans...I just want to touch those little tootie foot beans...not happening on Luci's watch...not now, not ever! :facepalm::p:D:joyful:

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

All same here. :arghh::woot::mad:

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the reduction.

14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. It seems like we were just there.

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

16. Wendy&Neko

The nothing, token, wait options are for newbies with little data - that's not you anymore. She's on her way up, I would shoot 1.5 units. As long as you can get a before bed test in.

17. Wendy&Neko

The nothing, token, wait options are for newbies with little data - that's not you anymore. She's on her way up, I would shoot 1.5 units. As long as you can get a before bed test in.

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks. Will do.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  19. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She’s barely eating. This is every night. She eats well during the day but I think feeding her just before her fast fills her up. I don’t know. She’s also so congested. It can take her hours to eat. Thanks again.

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

+1 she’s at 247. :( Barely eating. Is it time for Mirtazapine again? So sorry to bother you. Should I set an alarm for +4 or +5?