09/22 Butters PMPS 74/+2 65/+3 50/+3.5 56/+4 43/+4.5 59/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Butters seems to enjoy surfing in the 50s and 60s best. Try as I might, I can't seem to get her to surf much in the 70s or 80s. She also is the most content and most playful in the lower green numbers. I have no idea if this is a thing for cats, or a Butters thing.

This is her second 50 AMPS in four days. I retested just to be sure. I guess she loves walking that tightrope.

Have a great day!

2. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Wow, she's been keeping you busy! Do you ever sleep?

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think Butters is loving all the mommy attention. :D

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I tested one of my civvies one day just to see what her BG was and it was 53. Maybe 50s and 60s are normal numbers for Butters. Nice surfing.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Lyla, I read on your SS in the remarks section, Very Playful This Morning, Sure Butter's is having good time playing and you are dead tired .
    I really hope you can get a nap today :bighug::cat:

6. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Oh butters! What lovely greens :D:D:D

So close to earning another reduction :facepalm: I can’t remember how many days of greens earns a reduction? Hmmm...

7. tiffmaxee

A week in normal numbers earns a reduction.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Ahh yes! Thanks!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

My bet is she earns it with a drop under 50 soon. Anti-jinx. I wonder what your vet that fired you would say about your hard to regulate cat now! :D I was just reading your spreadsheet. :D:D:D:D

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Butters sure has learned how to surf it...keep going little girl...hang ten! Or is it twenty?

You guys are sure doing a great job!! Keep up the good work!!

11. Butters & Lyla

That's interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. I have really been thinking lately that the 50s and low 60s are her normal, given her behaviour and propensity to want to stay in them when she is green.

I've developed a nighttime "routine", lol:
    I guess what I need to put in the autofeeder and what times to set, and then set alarms for tests based on the last test I just got. She spoons with me all night every night, so when an alarm goes off at least I can do the test without getting out of bed, and then hopefully go back to sleep until the next alarm. If I have guessed wrong with the autofeeder, then I have to get up and that sucks.
    So no, I don't really sleep much. Anything for Butters.

12. Butters & Lyla

Oh yes, lolol! It was a moment I thought should be recorded on the spreadsheet. That vet put me through so much. She completely dismissed the TR Protocol and also told me not to worry about low numbers unless she dropped below 20 or something crazy like that. After I emailed her a few curves, she fired us.

At some point I hope to email her the spreadsheet (probably with a polite diatribe attached lol).

ETA: I feel like I need to add my own "anti-jinx"...so, anti-jinx.

Diane Tyler's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  13. Butters & Lyla

Most of today's and yesterday's AM cycles look similar. And both had a rise into the 70s around +10 and held steady @PMPS. It will be interesting to see if she goes back down to the 50s early this evening again.

JaxBenji and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  14. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yay, go Butters - nice cycle :D
    BTW - when I have to stay up with Jax in the PM cycle, I make a cooler of food and bring it upstairs (along with measuring spoons). I'm sure I'm crazy for this :cat: but then I don't have to go downstairs to our kitchen.

15. Butters & Lyla

You're not crazy, in my opinion. I think that's an awesome idea. My kitchen is exactly eight steps away from my bed, so I just have to stumble around briefly. Probably not worth me packing a cooler of food, though it is a tempting thought. I could sleep with Butters on one side of me and her food cooler on the other side. A Lyla sandwich. LOL. What has become of me?

JaxBenji likes this.
  16. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I’m sure Lyla would be heaven! Her mama AND her food! Hope you all have a good night!

17. Butters & Lyla

This sums it up nicely, Diane. Thank you. :)
    No nap. Just a very long workday.