09/26/2020 Dolly pmps 221 SLGS Need input on her dosage - again

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Sep 26, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...slgs-dosage-help-5-5-247.235758/#post-2641652

Did a curve on day 5 of 1.75U dose - forgot about being patient:oops:. Day 6 (yesterday) she had much better numbers. Reduced her dosage to 1.5U based on her PMPS of 189 last night. Went back to her 1.75 dosage today to complete 7 days at 1.75U and her numbers keep going up. I probably made more than one wrong decision and would appreciate any input of where to go now and what/if I made any wrong decisions. My husband does the shots and he assured me it wasn't a fur shot this morning. So sad that she didn't stay in blue. Do I need to raise her tomorrow to 2 units? Is she getting too much? I can't make sense of what's going on. I am pretty much doing a curve today the best I can with other things I need to take care of. No Ketones. Dolly is over me!!!

Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t understand what made you decide to reduce last night. I would have stuck with the dose. Nadirs were not mostly under 90. Hold the dose now at 1.75 is what I would do.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. I knew, after the fact, that I probably made the wrong decision. Her preshot number was under 200 so I was conflicted in the moment. Do I hold that dose for another week?

4. tiffmaxee

I think so. See what the numbers tell you.

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks so much.

6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I may have to take my husband to emergency hosp. Should I just skip her dose to be safe? Shot due in 1 1/2 hours. Don’t know yet what or when, just monitoring him. Sorry, just looking for best thing to do to keep her safe if I have to leave.

7. tiffmaxee

Yes. Skip. I hope your husband is okay. :bighug:

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

He’s up and hopefully better. Thanks so much. Scary. I appreciate your thoughts. :bighug:

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

For future reference, you should have held the 1.5 unit dose for 7 days, instead of increasing on the 20th. That 85 yesterday also meant you should have reduced the dose back to 1.5 units.