1/03 Rupert amps-309,+3.5-248,+7-120,pmps-328,+3-325

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn & Rupert, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

2. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Come on down, nice and gently Rupert!

Lynn & Rupert likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Rupert heads down today.

A couple of things with your SS.
    You can right-click on the tabs and rename them with the year.
    Your SS points to 2105 right now. If you drag the tab for 2016 to the left, it should point to that.
    Your 2016 tab has the data for 2015 on it. You can delete them by selecting them and choosing Edit - Delete Rows.

4. Lynn & Rupert

Carla I am confused. I see that it is now showing 2016 at the upper left corner, but since I put the date and year by each entry, isn't that okay? The reason I ask, is I don't know what you mean. There are lots of "tabs", so not sure which one(s) you are referring to. Sorry I am not that great on computers, guess that is obvious! lol :rolleyes: Plus i am afraid that because I don't know what I am doing, I will lose all my data. :nailbiting: I will get someone to pm me and figure it out. Thanks!

5. Lynn & Rupert

Thanks, he was better than yesterday, which was freaking me out at pmps. He likes to throw a high number at me once in awhile, it's enough to make my hair even grayer! :nailbiting:

granadilla likes this.
  6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Ah, I was wondering where the 2016 numbers were! Carla found them!

You can increase by 0.5u increments if you want, now that Rupert is at 5u. Consider the percentage increase for a cat on 1.0u that increases by 0.25u - that's an increase of 25%. At 5u, a 0.25u increase is 5%. Sometimes it seems like larger increments can help a cat get on top of numbers and get better control.

Many times people stick with the same increments til they get into larger doses, like 10u, but looking at Rupert's ss, it looks to me like he could use a larger increment to get him in green. It's up to you, but I wanted to pass that along in case you're seeing it too. I think it might help you.

The larger dose increase is mentioned on the Tilly's Diabetes site's interpretation of the Tight Reg Protocol.
    Phase 2: Increasing the dose
    Most cats need to have their dose increased. Do it in 0.25 IU or 0.5 IU steps (0.25 IU if the cat is getting a low dose and/or relatively low BGs, 0.5 IU if the cat is getting a higher dose and/or relatively high BGs). Hold each dose for 5-7 days. However, if the cat is producing continuously high BGs (nadir always >=300 mg/dl), only hold the dose for 2-3 days before increasing it by 0.5 IU. Alternatively, if the cat is continuously producing moderately elevated BGs (nadir always >=200 mg/dl), increase the dose every 2-3 days by 0.25 IU ( if the cat is getting a low dose) or 0.5 IU (if the cat is getting a higher dose). From this point onward test for ketones once per week, or more often if the nadirs are still >=200 mg/dl.​

7. julie & punkin (ga)

When I click on his ss, I see "Sheet 1" for the first tab on the left, "Copy of Sheet 1" as the second tab, and "Labs" as the 3rd tab.

Are you working on a computer or a phone? A computer would likely be easier to fix this.

8. Lynn & Rupert

Computer. I can follow directions pretty good, if you can be more specific about what tabs to click . :)

9. Lynn & Rupert

I see the ones you are referring to, Julie. I clicked on the copy of sheet 1 earlier today, trying to do the 2016 link directions, but then I was confused, so did nothing else. :confused:

10. julie & punkin (ga)

I haven't done a spreadsheet in so long, I'm not sure I'm the right person to help.

When I look at punkin's ss, I can click any tab. Then there is a little down arrow that is on the right side of that tab. Clicking on that tab gives me several choices, including renaming.

Do you see that?

11. Lynn & Rupert

I am willing to try that Julie, thanks so much for pointing this out to me!

12. Lynn & Rupert

when I click on sheet one, it does have a rename option, is that where I rename it 2016?

13. Lynn & Rupert

it also has a rename on the copy of sheet one tab...not sure which to rename or both?

14. julie & punkin (ga)

I would name sheet one as 2015. You've got your current data for 2016 in the second tab. I'd name that one 2016, and then you'll want to drag it to the first position on the left.

Rename them first and then I'll tell you what's next.

15. julie & punkin (ga)

Once you've got the first 2 tabs renamed, then:

Lyresa says:

You can also 'drag and drop' the new sheet to the far left (top) by clicking/holding the tab and dragging it. Just let go when it's there! You'll see the old tab slide to the right.​

Last, you'll want to go to the tab labeled 2016 and delete everything before about December 27th-ish.

16. Lynn & Rupert

Ok, I will try this, might take me awhile, so don't feel you have to wait around for me. :rolleyes: I really appreciate your help, but I know you have many who need your help, so I don't want to hold you up. :bighug:

17. julie & punkin (ga)

I'm just watching tv while we're chatting! :D I'll check back in on you in a while, though, to see how it's going.

18. Lynn & Rupert

Lol, okay I don't feel so guilty now! I renamed the sheets, but confused on the dragging thing. I don't see the new sheet, just the renamed tab at the bottom, but my sheet looks the same, 2015 entries with 3 2016 entries . I am afraid of losing my data! :nailbiting:

19. Lynn & Rupert

My friend who is good with computers is coming over tomorrow, I could have him take a look for me.

20. Lynn & Rupert

I know it is going to be something easy and simple and I will be like "doh" Homer Simpson style!

21. Lynn & Rupert

I am going to check on the kitties, they are way to quiet. If I don't get this tonight, no worries, I will have him help me tomorrow, if I can't figure it out!

22. julie & punkin (ga)

Your 2015 tab is perfect.

Your 2016 tab is renamed - perfect.

On your 2016 tab, click on the top left where you have the date 7/15/2015. Click and hold down the cursor and drag your cursor down just a couple of rows. While you're still holding down the cursor, also drag to the right until you get to the far right side of the row. See how they highlighted?

Let go of the cursor and they'll stay highlighted.

Then go up to "edit" above your rows and click it. It should give you a choice to delete rows x-y.

The reason I said to just try highlighting a couple of rows is because you'll be able to see you're not in any danger of deleting all your data. Everything for 2015 is in the other tab and it's not going anywhere.

Then you can repeat the process to get rid of everything above the end of 2015. I like to leave a few rows from the previous year, just because it helps to see a few days at a time.

Of course if you want to wait for your friend tomorrow, go for it! That's fine.

by the way, I saw your other post today about feeding Rupert. Anytime you want to ask questions, just edit the current day's thread title and put it there. Then when you're done, you can edit it back to the regular daily info. That way all the info about Rupert will be in one spot. I would feed more than 3 times a day. That's not much for a diabetic cat. We fed punkin at preshots and +3s, both cycles, and gave him cooked chicken breast for pokey treats. I also saw that you're feeding at +6. Feeding that late in the cycle may be the reason his pmps tests are typically fairly high. Looks like his nadir is typically around +6/7, so you might want to move that second feeding a little earlier in the cycle and see if that improves his pmps.

23. Lynn & Rupert

I did it! It was easy after you explained it! :rolleyes: lol I got a little crazy at the end and deleted a few more lines than I intended, but it is on 2015 tab, so all is good.

I understand what you are saying about editing his daily condo if I have a question and keeping all info there, I forgot about that, so thanks for the reminder. :)

I was wondering when was a better time to get in the extra feedings, I originally figured on the +6 since it was exactly 6 hours after eating at amps and 6 hours before his pmps feeding. But, it was elevating his nadir and I want him to surf in those lower numbers for as long as possible. My problem was I was thinking of waiting later, but earlier makes more sense. He didn't want to cooperate anyway with the later feeding, his internal clock is telling him "feed me at +6 like you always do. NOWWWWWW!" :blackeye: I will give the +3's a try, hopefully he will be full enough and ignore his clock. I also give him boiled chicken breast for pokey treats and usually a little bit at night before I go to bed. It is a little more difficult with 3 other civvies, but they can adapt easier. He is my vocal boy ,just my luck, the only loud cat I have is the diabetic, my ears ring with his yowling, which starts at about an hour before his feeding time. Guess he wants to make sure I won't forget! :banghead: :D

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all your help tonight, Julie! You are awesome! :kiss:

24. Lynn & Rupert

Thanks Carla, I got it fixed thanks to you and Julie!

25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Julie was able to walk you through fixing the SS.

26. Lynn & Rupert

Thanks for pointing it out, Carla, I was just going to ignore it! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.