1/1 Blue 113 AMBG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-31-blue-75-ambg.240775/

Good Morning.

Blue is doing well. He hid away last night like he did his first treatment but
    doesn't seem sick in any way. Maybe the CBD is working for him.
    His BG is a little elevated this morning but it was his last chemo.
    I'll check again at his 3:30 feeding.

Happy New Year and I hope this year will be better for us all. :bighug:

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patty,

Wishing yourself, Blue, and your furry and human families the very best for the New Year.

:bighug:

Mogs

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Mogs,
    I just got off the phone with Bluepearl. Yes, they have a few numbers incorrect on the lab results.
    The tech said she can't change them but can put notes below them to state what they should be.
    There were two run yesterday and I only received one. I'll upload them when I receive them.
    She said if he were that low he wouldn't have been sent home.

What's up with you and Noodlebug?

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Critter Mom

Hi Patty,

I'm glad that you got somewhere with BluePearl and that they've double-checked the results and caught the errors. I'm also glad they're going to send you out the revised info and additional results, and that your own vet will get the corrected info.

I'm struggling with severe fatigue. My sleeping is even more all over the shop than usual, plus I'm knocked for six after poor Howie. :(

The Noodle ate enough for the past three days, with less prompting, so I'm grateful for that. She's a little slower with the food today but has eaten something. I'm off to snuggle up with her on the sofa for a while. My eyes are burning. Thank you for asking about us. :)

Good to hear that Blue's doing OK. ((((Blue)))) How are you doing in yourself? :bighug:

Mogs

5. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Who is Howie?
    I hate fatigue like that. It's really hard to overcome and takes time. I feel your pain. Just try to rest as much as possible with your baby. Yay for Noodle that she's eating better.
    I'm good. Preparing New Year's meal....and football!!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

5499D3C5-47F0-4F93-8703-4671D27096FF.jpeg 8248F92B-5CBB-4A2B-A05B-6D5658701AA7.jpeg 5499D3C5-47F0-4F93-8703-4671D27096FF.jpeg 8248F92B-5CBB-4A2B-A05B-6D5658701AA7.jpeg Hope you all can read these.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patty glad to hear Blue isn't feeling sick today
    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year for you and Blue

Here is the thread about poor Howie , so sad

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-member-kitty-hospitalized.240652/#post-2709976

8. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Oh no Mogs. I'm so sorry for them. I can't read all of it just yet. It makes me too sad. I'm still reeling from Blues cancer.

9. Critter Mom

Patty, no-one's expecting you to read through that thread. You need all your energy and focus on Blue. :bighug:

Onwards...

Mogs

10. Critter Mom

I've read through the labs. Talk about howlers in the first document they sent you! The 21mg/dL blood glucose result on the previous document was another one that didn't pass the sniff test (forgot to mention it earlier).

I'm so glad you asked BluePearl to double-check the results they sent out to you. The 'actual' results in that particular batch of tests make for much more reassuring reading: all in the normal range, thank goodness. Whoever did the data entry on the first pass was either badly distracted or asleep at the wheel.

By way of general info, my vet advised me that it's not uncommon for machine analysers to have problems measuring platelets in cat blood.

This is a classic example of why Elise, myself, and many others here recommend always getting copies of test results. Vets and technicians deal with info for lots of animals. We only have to focus on our own little ones so it's easier for us to pick up on anomalies and oversights.

If you look on Blue's spreadsheet, you'll see a tab for lab results. I'd very much recommend gathering together all Blue's recent lab reports (from your own vets and from BluePearl) and entering the results into the LABS sheet when you get a chance. It'll make it much easier for you to compare results of tests run on different days, track trends, and spot oddities and anomalies. Also, there are some members here that are very good at interpreting labs and if you have the data in the spreadsheet they'd be another FDMB resource for you to draw upon should you ever need that type of help.

(Patty, when you get a minute, I suggest you take down the first image you posted (the one with the commentary on platelet count) because there's sensitive personal info in it.)

Mogs

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  11. Critter Mom

[​IMG]

:smuggrin:

Mogs

12. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Mogs.
    I didn't see anything sensitive. Did I miss something?
    I was just on FB and Chris Ronkoski lost her firstborn son in a car accident. I'm not sure if it has been posted here or not.
    Will enter the labs when I can. I didn't even know it was there.

13. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

One more game tonight. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Critter Mom

It had the email addy.

Oh dear God, no! :(

Mogs

15. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes. It's so sad. She started a Go Fund Me because she can't afford to even have him cremated. A lot of people on FB have donated. I'm not sure about rules here about think like this.

16. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Do you think my email is a problem?

17. Critter Mom

It's not your email as such that's the problem, Patty: it's the cranks on the net that might use your private information for nefarious purposes one has to worry about.

Mogs

18. Critter Mom

Sending you a PM.

Mogs

19. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Oh okay. I'm too trusting.

Critter Mom likes this.
  20. Critter Mom

There are some scary people in them there hills... :nailbiting: