1/10 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS=105,+6=95, +9=75, (43 on Relion), PM=63R,+3=68R, no insulin.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...133-6-84-pmps-122-3-63-4-79-5-91-7-99.241236/

This morning we decreased Gideon's 1 drop dosage by using the technique that Marje mentioned. Push the plunger all the way in tightly, put in insulin pen, then release plunger and let it spring back on its own. Only a tiny amount of insulin ends up in the syringe. We will give this a whirl. I am also going to see if I can get to Walmart today, and get a human glucometer. I think someone said Relion brand maybe.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

lots of people here from the us use the relion.

Hope the microdose work!

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I like this plan.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the drop dose. I hope you can get a human meter.

5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I bought a Relion Prime Glucometer ($9) and strips ($5) at Walmart. Just tested Gideon @+9. On the AT he is 75, on the human glucometer he is 46.
    Is the 68 that we should not go below on the human glucometer or AT? Is 30 a high difference, meaning is it normal to have such a difference?

thebigfuzz likes this.
  6. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

68 is for the AT
    50 is for the human meter

(did you happen to retest the 46?)

I have only used a human meter, but I know that people advise to try not to go back and forth and make sense of the numbers. I think @JaxBenji could attest to that :cool: I’m not sure how to officially make the change between the 2, but I’ve seen a row being inserted on the SS to indicate the day of the change.

46 is a reduction on a human meter... @tiffmaxee is it time?

Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

I’ve thought it might be time but the mods felt too much blue. That’s why Marje (I think) suggested the some dose and Wendy suggested the human meter. I think an unofficial trial for a couple days feeding only lc and no insulin to see if the last pesky numbers come down is worth a try. I don’t like seeing numbers under 60 on an AT. It scares me.

Shiloh567 and thebigfuzz like this.
  8. tiffmaxee

I would stop insulin now and continue testing with only the Relion if he were my cat.

Shiloh567 and thebigfuzz like this.
  9. tiffmaxee

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It changes constantly. If you had retested with both meters, you would have gotten a different spread. If you look at my Gracie’s SS, I have a tab with AT/Micro (which was an older ReliOn meter) comparisons and they are all over the place.

At this point, I would try Elise’s suggestion and stop insulin, test with the ReliOn, and be sure you are feeding at +9 (a small snack). Let’s just watch him a couple cycles and see what happens. If he is not mostly below 100, we will probably have to discuss what is next. Are you already feeding a higher LC food like 10%? If you have to put him back on insulin, I’d try a drop bid. If that doesn’t work, we can do a drop once a day. There are just some cats that we have to do that with so we have some options.

Even with the AT, we like to see mostly green before they try a trial but this is the third time he’s dropped below a reduction point on one drop so it’s time to try without insulin. I don’t want to formally start a trial yet, though. Let’s just give him a few cycles and if he’s staying below 100, we can kick off the trial.

Sound good?

thebigfuzz likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

12. Marje and Gracie

Shiloh567 likes this.
  13. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

and be sure you are feeding at +9 (a small snack). Let’s just watch him a couple cycles and see what happens. If he is not mostly below 100, we will probably have to discuss what is next. Are you already feeding a higher LC food like 10%? If you have to put him back on insulin, I’d try a drop bid. If that doesn’t work, we can do a drop once a day. There are just some cats that we have to do that with so we have some options.

Even with the AT, we like to see mostly green before they try a trial but this is the third time he’s dropped below a reduction point on one drop so it’s time to try without insulin. I don’t want to formally start a trial yet, though. Let’s just give him a few cycles and if he’s staying below 100, we can kick off the trial.

Sound good?[/QUOTE]
    Ok, so tonight Gideon was 63 on the Relion. No insulin, and we will see how he does for a couple of days. Gideon is free fed, except for 2 hrs before insulin. I am feeding LC 2-5 is zeq%carbs. I give 9-10% if he is low.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  14. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

At +3=68 on the Relion.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  15. tiffmaxee

16. Marje and Gracie

Ok, so tonight Gideon was 63 on the Relion. No insulin, and we will see how he does for a couple of days. Gideon is free fed, except for 2 hrs before insulin. I am feeding LC 2-5 is zeq%carbs. I give 9-10% if he is low.[/QUOTE]
    The reason we are asking you to feed a +9 snack is because this is a food trial to see if his pancreas is working and drops the PSs. If you want to see if this trial will succeed, it’s best to give the +9 snack. Otherwise, there is the potential the preshots stay higher.

Shiloh567 likes this.