1/10 Missy AMPS 329, +2 257, +7 203, +9 194, +10 264, PMPS 316, +1 385, +2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Just trying to understand Missy's numbers here. This afternoon she had some lower numbers at 194 +9 but seemed to go up quickly to 264 +10.5. Her PMPS 316 and +1 385. Also her NADIR was now at +9 normally its around +6.

Trying to understand the spike in her evening numbers. She seems to coast along nicely until she eats in the evening and then BG goes up. She is eating the same thing she always eats, nothing new. She is eating FF Pate. I give her about 3 cans per day. She had lost a bit of weight and is now starting to put some back on.

We are on day 4 of reduced dose now giving .75 units.

I will keep plugging on I just to make sure I am doing everything right. I hope she will start to even out soon. Thank you for any info you can offer to help me understand whats going on here. :)

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Tammy,

Good job on getting the thread title per our posting protocol. Next time, please link your previous post to the current post. The reason we ask that is so we can go back and see what was discussed in terms of diet, dosing, medical history etc.

The first thing I did after reading your post was to go look at your previous post to see what we had discussed! I am linking it here:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/could-someone-pls-look-at-my-spreadsheet.241221/

I know we seem too particular about formats and posting guidelines here (especially as compared to our Facebook group) and I used to wonder about it too when I first got here. It's only now that I realize how easy it makes it for people to access information to give advice. Saves us a lot time looking for info - time that we could use to help more people :)

Anyway, it looks to me that Missy needs more insulin. She was doing well on the 1U dose and if you had been following TR, you would have held the dose.

I know you are nervous about TR but with Missy's history of ketones it is not advisable to let her stay in higher numbers. With TR, you will get to her optimal dose faster. I would suggest that you try it and if you feel like it is too much, you can always switch back to SLGS. Most people do not want to do TR because they cannot test, but you are testing much more than even TR requires! :)

I am sharing the link to a condo of another CG who is as new as you are and the discussion on whether she should switch to TR. I hope that provides you with more info!
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-7-pearl-thinking-of-switching-to-tr.241148/

In terms of dosing, with SLGS, you hold the dose another 2 days. With TR, you go back up to 1U tomorrow AM.

Feel free to keep asking as many questions as you want :)

3. Missy & Tammy

Thank you for the info. I will take a look at it and consider what I should do.
    I also do not know how to link previous post. Can you explain when you have time. Thank you!

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You just paste the URL/hyperlink of your previous post in the body of the current post like I did above. Did I answer your question? :)

5. Missy & Tammy

Yes you did thank you. I will give it a try next time :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.