1/11 Moo Moo Update- More Bloodwork and Potassium Supplement

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by phakewishard, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phakewishard

phakewishard Member

Hey y'all,

Sorry for the update coming so late. Previous post here

Some important notes from today's vet visit: She has been put on the Renal K+ supplement, 1/4 teaspoon twice a day. He said he did a doppler on her, and that she's still receiving blood flow to her back legs, so her wobbliness and weakness should subside once her potassium levels get back to normal. She received another subq and Dr. B talked to me about possibly doing subq' as at home. It seems something he is open to, depending on her next round of bloodwork (on Wednesday or Thursday, he said if she seems worse to bring her in Wednesday, if she's okay then wait until Thursday).

Her appetite today is almost back to normal, with her eating out of a bowl if it's held up to her face level. She seems to be in good spirits today, and last night she slept on my chest for the first time in a long time. Her sugar has been high today, I skipped this morning's insulin shot as I was worried she would crash again. That was probably a mistake. Dr. B said it is safe to start giving her insulin like normal again. Her phosphorus is coming down, and her BUN is slightly lower as well.

The blood ketone meter did not make it in the mail today :(

Moo Moo's bloodwork from today:
    FAACB67F-B915-462C-A14D-2AE5065CAB53.jpeg
    Moo Moo's bloodwork from Friday:
    CFB31622-81E2-44D6-9621-F99BF63CCD8D.jpeg

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Progress!!! This is all great news. I’m glad to see as the P has been coming down, so has the Ca. That’s excellent. She’s feeling ok and still eating from the syringe?

3. phakewishard

phakewishard Member

Yes! She seems to be in a much better mood today, and has even eaten a little from the bowl when it was elevated today, though most of what she ate today was by syringe. I'm hoping tomorrow she will eat by herself.

Marje and Gracie and Critter Mom like this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sydney, I'm so happy to see that the phosphorus and Bun came down some.
    M happy to hear she is eating from her bowl. You must have been so happy when she slept on your chest. Precious baby.
    Please keep us updated on how she's coming along :bighug::cat:

phakewishard likes this.
  5. phakewishard

phakewishard Member

@Diane Tyler's Mom I will! And I was over the moon when she wanted to, before last night she had just been sleeping on her bed and not with me on the floor. The vet was impressed by her change in mood too, I think this past week was just a rough one for her.

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I always have to look at her pic, she is so adorable.
    Have a good night Sydney and give her a kiss for me :bighug::cat:

Critter Mom and phakewishard like this.
  7. phakewishard

phakewishard Member

I will, and thank you so much! Goodnight to you too!

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Passing out with meds. Just wanted to say yay, (((Moo Moo!)))

Very good update. :)

(((Sydney)))

Mogs

phakewishard likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

PS: The potassium supplement may help with her appetite. Did the vets give you anything for nausea, Sydney?

Mogs

phakewishard likes this.
  10. phakewishard

phakewishard Member

They did not, but I am going back on Wednesday or Thursday depending on how she's doing.

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. Critter Mom

Hopefully as her phosphorus levels continue to improve that'll help with the eating too.

It was lovely to read that her mood has brightened and that she slept on your chest! :cat:

(((Sydney and Moo Moo)))

Mogs

phakewishard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.