1/13 Morris AMPS 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2290

He woke me up at +10 for a test...he was 61...gave him some food and went btb. He didn't eat the food, just a few licks, and when I fed him his regular breffus he didn't eat much of that either. How the heck can I fatten him up if he won't eat???? Maybe it's his teeth...they DID look pretty bad. :shock:

Puddingpoos are still happening...vet said since the probiotics are not helping, the anal glands being full could have caused the loose stools...but how long before I see improvement??? :?

All in all, though, Morris is definitely more comfortable now...he actually came and slept with me some part of the night....he hasn't done that for weeks now so that's a good sign. And I sure can't complain about his numbers, even though I raised him back to .25u to get there. :mrgreen:

Hope all you Lantus Landers out there stay warm today and have a Wonderful Wednesday! haha_smiley

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Brenda...that is a nice AMPS for Morris...maybe you can take a minute to link yesterday?
    That is sweet that he came and slept with you....

It will be so good after you get him that dental!!!! Does that happen with the anal gland often
    in kitties....did you have any idea before you went to the vet? My two have only had Clavamox with the dropper
    and it was ok....Shadow was supposed to have it twice a day for 2 weeks...but he vomited and had to skip one day...
    that happened twice in the 2 weeks...but at least I could stop administering it...I agree with Sienne...once the Covenia is IN their system, you cannot get it out and it lasts for 2 weeks....that stuff scares me after all that has been written...
    Hope you have a good day today!

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Glad that yucky stuff if out--they do feel better, but he may have some discomfort still..Give him a couple of days to return to himself..
    Pretty great amps for a not feeling so great kitty!!!! :eek: Better do lots of spot checks today..
    Is he on AB's?? -Think the teeth will help sooo much! Sending healing vines to our dear Morris cat_pet_icon
    Hugs~!

4. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Morris. I think the dental will help a great deal with everything. Have a good day. Think warm. I'm over this weather. Of course, living here we have water in our veins and don't deal with the cold well.

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Is Covenia the long-lasting antibiotic? Because Basil had a shot of that at the e-vet for a "mystery ailment" about a month or two before he was diagnosed with diabetes. What are the problems with it? I have to go look it up...

Sorry, Morris! Didn't mean to hijack your condo. We like 76s here. That's one of our favorite numbers. Good boy!

6. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Thanks for the reminder Pat. At +4 he is 159 but he always goes up before he goes down so we'll see.

A tad warmer today, but no so much that I'm noticing!

7. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Poor Morris...what a rough time he's having!! Hard on the bean too. :sad:

Good luck with the dental. Will be thinking about both of you! :YMHUG:

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Once you get those chompers all polished up, Morris, I bet you will start feeling lots better.
    Ask for better food to fatten you up then, while the asking window is open.

It's always those signs that are like a flash from the past that tell you kitty is getting better; the ol' Morris is shining through and is feeling more like his old self.

9. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

How much are you attempting to feed him these days? My Morris was incredibly under weight when diagnosed, so my vet instructed me to feed him based on his ideal weight rather than his current weight. It took from the end of July to the end of December, but we finally got him to his ideal weight! Now I just hope we stay there! LMAO!

Hopefully once your guy has nice clean teeth, his appetite will return.

10. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/13 Morris AMPS 76, +8~39, PMPS 153

Morris had a liquipoo right at noon today :eek: ...I grabbed the fresh sample and took it to the vet for a test....she has still not called me.... grr_red

Morris did not eat all day so when he hit 39 at +8, I gave him what I knew he would eat, his numbers be damned - medium carb Fancy Feast beef and gravy...he scarfed it up and thus his PMPS is a bit higher than I would expect, but actually not too bad. flip_cat

He ate at shot time, 1/4 can lc FF and he also had a somewhat firmer poo than earlier today, when it was total diarrhea. Funny thing is, even with all this strange bodily stuff, he acts just fine...runs from window to window to track that stray kitty that runs through the back yard a dozen times a day, comes and asks to be fed....then just doesn't eat it! Maybe I have spoiled him with the Halo treats and even was giving him canned white meat chicken, of which he would only lick the water. Maybe it really IS his teeth! :mrgreen:

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

When's Morris getting his pearly whites buffed up? I am going to ask my vet to check Shadoe's teeth again. So many people seem to have problems because of the teeth.

Any news yet from the vet on the sample you took in?

12. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Gayle, His pearly whites are a yucky yellow now....when the heck did that happen???? ohmygod_smile Maybe there IS something to be said for that hard tack keeping their teeth clean!! He goes next Monday for the dental. nailbite_smile

I have not heard from the vet yet and although she has been known to makes calls pretty late, I think this is now later than late so probably won't hear until tomorrow.grr_red It was just a stool sample for them to do a fecal on, just in case they might find something. He has had the loose stools now for going on ten days and today it was even looser, actually diarrhea, so I became more concerned. Tonight it looked a little better but after five days on probiotics I would have expected to see more improvement. Just trying to hang in there for now.

13. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hope you have a good night and Morris too. If the vet doesn't call in the a.m. I would call them. I'm sure he will be much better after the dental.

14. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Thanks Barb. I will definitely call in the a.m. I would have called tonight but I went shopping and out to dinner with a friend and didn't get back until 8:00 and got busy with testing and feeding and shooting and it got too late. Their phones are shut down after 8:00 anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.