1/13 Pearl AMPS 277 Skinny 3u +5 231

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen & Pearl, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

ETA:Initial amps 222, waited to figure out what to do and shot skinny 3, test after (doh!) and is 277. I messed up...again.

Original post: I need to decrease for this shot. I am contemplating 2.75. 2.5 was too much but considering the other day when a 3.25 at 226 brought her down into the 60s I do not want that. I am way more comfortable in a low blue range since I work and will only be able to test at +5 or 6. I'm putting it off a few minutes in hopes of some advice or support or whatever. Does this sound good or should I be even more cautious.

Giving it five more minutes. Upping icon intensity.

2. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Why not...

Go back to the last dose that was good/easy, 3.0?

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Re: Why not...

I'm so torn. I thought about that...... I suppose that makes sense.....argh. I *will* get home about nadir time. SHe does not historically seem to be prone to a quick drop.....I will leave food down. Maybe I really should try that.

4. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Re: 1/13 Pearl AMPS 222 dose?

I split the difference and did the skinny line of 3.0. Then I thought, well, it's a half hour later, maybe I should have checked BG (I'm so dumb, should have done that first) and she is 277! Damn. I probably "missed" on all fronts. We'll see.

5. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Re: 1/13 Pearl AMPS 277 Skinny 3u

Nope, you didn't miss. You shot as much as you were comfortable with. That's a bullseye. It'll be fine. Try to remember, though, you got to the dose you are on very carefully and slowly--much less worrisome than if you just kinda picked a number out of the air.

This gets easier!

6. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

231. Could be worse.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Karen! How's Pearl doing tonight?
    Glad u got some help this morning, maybe see some blue tonight?

Have a good evening :)

8. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Her +11 was 167 an hour later 271! (She ate - no dry). Yeesh! Gave a "fat" 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.