1/15 Chloe Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Chloe, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Before I say anything else, I want to give my heart felt thanks to everyone. I don't think those who have not been on the receiving end of all the vines, wisdom, experience, words of encouragement, support, prayers, etc. can fully appreciate how priceless this Board is, and how the community kicks into action to make sure that every resource is available to those in need. I cannot tell you how much knowing that everyone is here for us, means.

Update:
    I called the ER vet this morning to get her opinion of Chloe's lab results, before talking to my regular vet. The ER vet suggested the next steps in detemining why Chloe's liver values are so elevated, and why she had a seizure, would be to get an ultrasound, and a bile-acid test.

On my way to work, I read the ER vet's write-up from yesterday.....she ended the report by writing that Chloe's prognosis is "poor". Needless to say, I cried all the way into the office.

I finally was able to talk to my vet about 10 minutes ago. She, too, suggested an ultrasound. But she thought we should test for Cushings (sp?) disease before doing the bile-acid test. Chloe did have an ultrasound done a year ago, so that will be a good reference point. The plan is to have the ultrasound and test for Cushings done ASAP - hopefully on either Monday or Tuesday.

Based on some posts, I feel a bit more positive than I did this morning. It sounds like the cause of all of this could be treatable. And I will do anything and everything to help Chloe.

I told DH this morning that I was going to start sleeping in the guest bedroom so Chloe could sleep with me. Before her dx, she used to sleep under the covers, on my stomach. But, because of her neuropathy, she was unable to walk up the stairs, so the civvies took over her spot. Now, she doesn't come upstairs. If our time is limited, I want to make sure that we have some "sleep overs". But based on the posts, and encouragement from my LL friends, I think I'll have positive thoughts that we'll get through this, and wait to move into the guest bedroom!

BG Recap - Blech!
    PM +1.5 ~ 191
    +5.5~ 323
    +9.5 ~ 337
    AMPS ~ 340
    +11 ~ 300

Thanks again to all of you. You are the best.

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((chris and chloe)))
    so glad you've updated us. still sending blizzards of snowflakes...

3. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

So glad to get this news. We are all praying and sending white light, snowflakes, Reiki and everything else your way. Keep you chin up. It is not an exact science and now you have two opinions. Lets all think positive. Dh can sleep in the guest room too. :lol: :lol: Please keep us posted. Chloe is tough. She is a fighter and she will cooperate.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

like wise here Chris, still thinking of you, Chloe and DH.
    Sending lots and lots of positive vibes and vines to u.

((hugs)) to u and ((Chloe))

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Chris)))) I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little more positive. Snowflakes and vines continuing as fast as I can send them....

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I will keep the snowflakes coming. There are some links to info on Cushings Disease in the stickies in the High Dose insulin support group.

7. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I'm happy to hear of furry future sleep-overs w/Chloe :D

I hope she feels better soon!

8. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Chloe 1/15 - PMPS ~ 285

Yea! Yellow! Not stinkus pinkus.

I forgot WCR in earlier post. Chloe looks, and seems to feel, better. She's moving around more, ate dinner, and even used the scratching post!!

I upped the dose to 1.25 (this was the 6th cycle on 1.125). I'd really like to get rid of the stinkus pinkus. Not sure if that's possible before we figure out the cause of the high liver values and seizure, but I thought I'd up the dose a bit since I'll be home to test this weekend.

9. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

Thanks for the update. Glad you're feeling a little better about it too.
    Sending you and sweet Chloe a crazy blizzard of snowflakes and white light and positive healing energy

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

YAY for feeling better!!!
    Keeping positive thoughts flowing for Chloe and her beans.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((CHRIS)))))))) I couldnt stop thinking about you & Chloe all day!! Sending snowflakes & healing vines to our sweet Chloe.WE know the power of our Board is amazing and our caring is deep--Tomorrow will be a better day--Hugs~ from us!!!

12. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

Just dropped in to check on everyone and was shocked to read about Chloe. I'm so sorry this is happening but glad she seems to be feeling better. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it and it is something that can be treated. We love our Chloe!

Ruth

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I've been looking for your update all day. I'm so glad to hear that Chloe is feeling and acting more like herself. Tons of snowflakes and feeling better vines.

14. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/15 Chloe - PM +2 ~ 288

Sorry that I haven't visited condos the past few days. I look forwardto catching up with all the sugar babies tomorrow.

Just got off phone with ER vet clinic. I felt that I had to let them know that while I think their service is great, putting something on the discharge paperwork (i.e., Chloe's prognosis is "poor") that was not discussed with the client, is NOT GOOD. I'm not sure what the answer is, but to read in black and white something that hasn't been discussed, is a bad practice. The tech I spoke with agreed totally, and said the owner of the clinic would likely call me tomorrow. I was so devastated by reading the prognosis this AM that I could hardly function at tpb.

But, as I posted earlier, Chloe looks and is acting better. She's even walking "normally" again (i.e., not limping). I wonder if her liver values would be lower now?????

Can't say enough how much I appreciate all my LL friends. Thank you!

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

((((((((((Chris)))))))))))

16. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Chris)) I was so relieved to see your post!
    And.. so glad to hear that Chloe is feeling better this evening... and you too..
    I hope that you get some answers from your vet real soon.. and I totally agree with you regarding your ER vets prognosis report.. Geesh!!

Chloe will be soooo happy to have you to snuggle with :D

Look forward to your updates!

17. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

chris, if i remember correctly i made the same comment about cleo's test results and they explained gently that it didn't mean what i thought. but yes it's demoralizing to see that. cleo did so well after liver support, tho, and i have no doubt it'll help chloe too.
    good luck getting to the underlying issue and healthy vibes for a full recovery asap for chloe.

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

thanks do much for the update! i have been worried sick all day - thinking about you and chloe. almost made the trek down the hall to your office, just could not get away from mine.

i am glad to read - so very glad - that she is feeling and doing better this evening. YES! And that is good.

agreed on the prognosis entry - glad that you have addressed that issue. i support you fully on that item - hope you will follow through on it with the ER office. i know, having been there, how you felt when you read it, how devastating it can be.

also would like to take one minute and thank you for the comments you made in regards to this board. everything you said there was right on target! the support received here is exceptional. All of you are the best, absolutely! thank you for taking the time to post it.

take care!, and enjoy your one on one time with chloe at sleepus time. been there too - memories that will last a life time.

19. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

(((Chris and Chloe)))

20. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines and well wishes for a speedy recovery. Snuggling is the best medicine!

21. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

So glad to read that Chloe was doing better last night. I will continue to send a white-out of snowflakes to you guys. I too have had such a wonderful experience on this board as far as the support goes. Chris, I found that when Max came home from the hospital and couldn't sleep in the bed with me because of his tube, that the best thing for him was to sleep in another room with him. It let him know that I was there for him and if I had to be uncomfortable, well that was just the way it had to be. I mean why not, he wasn't comfortable himself so why should I be :D

22. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Sending lots more healing vines across the sea ((((Chris Chloe)))

Both of you sound much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.