1/16/10 Jan and Buddy PMPS 234

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2664

Good Morning,
    WCR Buddy seems fine, was hungry this am and ate all of Babygirl's food before I could give it to her!! He is a "Pig Boy" at times. Taking a mini bath right now and then I'm sure will want to help me type!! :mrgreen:

I'm thinking on going ahead and giving him some R around +6?? nailbite_smile nailbite_smile

Any R users would like some info.

Thanks Jan

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Re: 1/16/10 Jan and Buddy AMPS 329 +3.5 323

Great WCR today :)

3. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Glad to see the R, and looking forward to seeing how he uses it! Great WCR too, like Heather said.

Shoot away! Remember not to give R any closer than 6 hours apart, and if in doubt, skip it.. like if you're going to work or you're worried about what number he's at. It's all a learning experience and you have to do what you are comfortable with. With his numbers where they are, you've got lots of room to experiment with the tiny doses and see where in cycle the doses work best. As you get more data, you'll be able to clearly see when and where he can use it.

(((hugs))) you can do it! :smile:

4. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Thanks Guys,
    Just going to take it slow and see what happens. As long as he seems ok, then I'm happy!! :mrgreen:
    Will check back shortly.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Jan))) You are doing a great job with him. :smile:

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Thanks All,
    He did good today on R!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT dancing_cat

Depending on the number in the AM I think I will try it again!!

By todays numbers, what would any thoughts be on what number to NOT shoot in the AM??? I'm not sure if I know what to low of a number might be?
    Any thoughts would be great!!.

Thanks Jan

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS for Buddy tonight Jan! and good job with the R :)

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

9. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/16/10 Jan and Buddy PMPS 234 Carolyn eyes pls.

There's usually someone around in the morning if you have a concern that Buddy's numbers are too low. To be honest, given where Buddy's numbers have been, you've shot in the mid-yellows. I would be surprised if at this point, he'd be much lower than a number you're not already seen. (Of course, having written that, Buddy will throw us all a surprise!) Remember that Heather is usually around (and sometimes Cassandra) in the morning if you have a question.

It's hard to give a "no shoot" number. If you skip a shot, you're depleting the shed. If Buddy throws you a low number, you know the drill -- don't feed and re-test in 15 min. Whether and how much to shoot may be a day-to-day decision based on Buddy's progress.

11. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

As far as the Lantus goes, I agree with Cheryl that you really can't set a no shoot number. If you will be home to monitor and have HC in stock (and have made sure the number is not dropping), then you can shoot just about anything you want. Grabbing a +11 on this PM cycle will help you see where AMPS is coming from. If you get a number that you are uncomfortable with or that is dropping, then test again in 15-30 minutes without feeding and see where he is going with it. Someone should be around in the morning if you need assistance. :smile:

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi jan! grabbing those +10s or +11s whenever possible are invaluable as far as telling you where the preshot number is coming from. for example if buddy is 84 at +10 and 121 at +12... you know he's on the rise. if you hadn't gotten the +10... you wouldn't have known if the 121 at +12 was on the rise or a dropping number. kwim?

13. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/16/10 Jan and Buddy PMPS 234 Carolyn eyes pls.

Good example Jill! Thanks.
    I will make sure I get a +10 or +11, before amps.
    When I asked the question about shooting at a low number, I meant for the R. I was going to shoot it at amps instead of waiting till AMPS +6.
    Will see what the morning brings.

Thanks All!!
    Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.